Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

Vince, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

31 dash
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Sharon and David
See User information
Has anyone had to remove a 31 roadster dashboard? Any tips? It has to be refinished, wiring behind it has to be made sense of and,gauges made to work. Thanks, Dave

Posted on: 2013/11/30 22:26
 Top  Print   

Re: 31 dash
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear David:

The dash is screwed to the cowl from behind. Get yourself some high quality screwdrivers and ratchet bits. You can buy Snap-On tools online these days.

You can disconnect all the gauges and wires and service the panel on the bench, But the coil and temperature gauge can make the job difficult.

The cowl vent is another complication.

Most important: If your dash panel is original make sure to photograph the grain pattern in detail. Almost every dashboard I see is wrong.

Posted on: 2013/11/30 23:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
David - check out Grainit Technology and see if they have a sample photo of a 31 dash. They sell the kits as well as doing the work for you if you like. I have a number of the patterns and have done about a dozen dashes. It is a fun project if you have a good steady hand and a high tolerance for learning by mistakes. The neat part is that the finish will wipe right off (for about an hour) if you don't get it right the first time. My first dash took about six tries before it looked good.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 13:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
here's their website.http://www.woodgraining.com/woodgraining.html

You can request a quote from them for redoing the dash.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 13:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
If the 31 is like a 32 dash, there are two screws in the corners which I a bugger to remove. I made a right angle screw driver to get them out. The rest of the screws were easy to get out except you are laying on your back with your feet over the back seat.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 20:39
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Sharon and David
See User information
A belated thank you all. I've been computer-les for a while

Posted on: 2014/3/12 15:47
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved