Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 202

kevinpackard, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

I need a carburator
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
I'm new here so it may take me a while to find things. In the mean time I am in need of a carburetor for my Packard.
The car is a touring sedan, 2301 model 2392 5. I think the carb should be a Carter WDO 644 SA. It has an old Stromberg on it now that is not original and probably not worth fixing. I found one on the west coast but it says it will take a while to get here. I want to get the car on the road ASAP and my mechanic would like to finish it. Does anyone know of a source closer to Connecticut for this. Bear in mind that I don't have the same core to return. Thanks in advance for any help. Don

Posted on: 2018/7/13 19:28
 Top  Print   

Re: I need a carburator
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Shop around the carb places.
Here's a link for a reman. I assume you'll pay the core charge and forfeit.
http://www.carb-x.com/domestic-carburetors?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1693&category_id=640

There's also one on Ebay right now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Carter-644-SA-rebuilt-carburetor-/132502830860

And I only spent 10 seconds looking.

Posted on: 2018/7/13 19:33
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
Thanks for your help. I had found these also. I am new to Packards and thought there might be a source closer to home or someone on here may have one to sell. If I can't find something I'll order one from the guy on Ebay. They did not require a core. Kanter lists carbs for $295.00 plus $250.00 core charge. I did not call to see if they have the right one.

Posted on: 2018/7/13 20:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
I have a new carb in the box, but need to check the number. Will update later today.

Posted on: 2018/7/14 13:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
I found the carb. It is a Carter 643SA for Packard Super 8s 1948-50. The Packard number is 395662 and it is for sale. I no longer have car.

Posted on: 2018/7/14 13:36
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roundsy
See User information
I knew this would happen. I got in a panic and ordered one this morning. Let me see how that works out. If it does not I'll be in touch. Thanks for your effort. Sorry for any inconvenience. Don

Posted on: 2018/7/14 14:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved