Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 137

PACK-41, Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

power window parts
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

missedgear
See User information
Hi does anyone know where i can get parts for the inside of my rear power window switch. The parts i need are situated underneath the rocker switch its self and they sit on top of the springs. I will attach 2 pics of the bits i need ( these are from my other working switch) i would realy appreciate any help as the rest of the switch is in good order so do not want to buy a full unit. with thanks Jamie

Attach file:

jpg  (30.17 KB)
3787_5128e05ce6d5c.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (31.19 KB)
3787_5128e07fe308e.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/2/23 10:30
 Top  Print   

Re: power window parts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think Packard ever made replacement parts available for V8 switches -- or any other for that matter, just entire switch assys. Is the phenolic broken or is the narrow end of the contact button burned flush to the phenolic side so it won't make the connection to the contact plate? Depending on the damage maybe a repair is possible??

Switch is made by Delta so the switch internals and maybe the switch itself -- only with a different bezel -- was probably used by other mfgs. Someone familiar with other brands might know if there were repair kits available from another make. GM used to make fairly low level repair kits but don't know if that is the same switch they used.

Posted on: 2013/2/23 12:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

missedgear
See User information
Hello Howard it is the bottom part that has broken off, both metal connectors are missing. There is a seller on ebay has these parts ( new and used) but says he cannot get to a post office to mail them to me (how a person who sells on ebay cant get to a post office is beyond me !!) so was hopeful someone may know where to purchase these. Be good if you have any tips on a repair that i could do myself. thankx Jamie

Posted on: 2013/2/24 6:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
You might try Mike Dulinski, he has many of the V8 Packard parts and has helped me out many times. I can't find his contact info right noe, but it is here on the site somewhere.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 7:18
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Mike Dulinski contact info is in the directory.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/mxdirectory/singlelink.php?cid=3&lid=230 Suggest phone or write him a letter. His email does not seem to get his attention or the address is wrong.

As to the ebay vendor not being able to get to the post office, If he is somewhere in the area the snow storm buried last week then that would be totally understandable -- but would think things had cleared a bit by now.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 9:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved