Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

A bit cold in Chicagoland....
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
We have been dealing with Windchill temps as low as -54F yesterday here at the house. The garage was a brisk 8F. That with the insulated garage door closed for two days and a 1500w space heater running for that last 2 days. Today, we are warmed up to a -39F Windchill temp. On Monday, it's going to be 52F here. Crazy temp swings.

That day I am also flying back out to Calif for work and then for Packards International Meet later that week. Hopefully I can defrost completely while I am out there.

I was in the UK two weeks ago and it felt balmy over there compared to the Chicago area temps.

Attach file:

jpg  (160.39 KB)
1_5c5309ae33701.jpg 1920X933 px

Posted on: 2019/1/31 9:45
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: A bit cold in Chicagoland....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Brrrrrrr. Definitely the Chicago winter temp and summer humidity is something I want to stay away from. In a previous lifetime I had to go to training classes in the Chicago area and got a taste of both along with what was described as a "tiny" unexpected summer tornado one year. That "tiny" tornado picked up a small shed and various other assorted objects from the yards of an engineer friend I was visiting that afternoon and his neighbors. Deposited them up, down and across the road so sure glad it wasn't anything larger.

Not to rub it in but here in my part of the golden state yesterday it got up to the mid 60s and probably was a bit warmer where you used to live. It is raining today over a large part of the state and even though I am not fond of it will gladly settle for that over cold and snow.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 11:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: A bit cold in Chicagoland....
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
We are just about to close on a new to us house nearby (currently renting), and the new house has a nearly 4 car garage. So I plan on getting a natural gas forced air heater for that house by the time next winter comes around. Currently, I have been forced out of the garage here due to that cold.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 16:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved