Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 109

humanpotatohybrid, Larry Reber, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Engineering drawing requests
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
All,

I should be able to detour over to the Studebaker Museum this weekend and do some research in their engineering drawing collection. While I can't get whole drawings for free (as photos are not permitted), I can pull drawings and take notes pretty much for free.

If there is something specific you would like to know about a specific part, reply with the drawing number and I'll see if I can grab that info when I'm there.

For example, I know there was a question in the past of what the difference was between the 55 and 56 352 pistons. (458390 and 474179) Assuming they have both drawings, I could tell you.

Posted on: 5/7 14:53
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Re: Engineering drawing requests
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Nothing specific but say Hello to Andrew for me! I’ve worked with him for some years on various projects and we’ve had quite a bit of communication over that time.

Posted on: 5/7 15:09
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Just popping in
Just popping in

Clayton Kramer
See User information
Quote:

humanpotatohybrid wrote:
All,

I should be able to detour over to the Studebaker Museum this weekend and do some research in their engineering drawing collection. While I can't get whole drawings for free (as photos are not permitted), I can pull drawings and take notes pretty much for free.

If there is something specific you would like to know about a specific part, reply with the drawing number and I'll see if I can grab that info when I'm there. basketball legends

For example, I know there was a question in the past of what the difference was between the 55 and 56 352 pistons. (458390 and 474179) Assuming they have both drawings, I could tell you.

I've heard about the Studebaker museum and really want to try going there once but haven't had the chance. But it seems that it is very difficult to buy tickets to visit. I also want to learn about piston 56.

Posted on: 5/12 23:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Why wouldn’t you just buy tickets at the door?

Posted on: 5/13 7:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Visiting the museum is easy. The problem was there's nothing that said, including in my phone call with them, that the archives department does not have the same operating hours as the museum. So I went there on Saturday only to learn that the archive department is Mon-Fri 8a-5p.

But what they didn't tell me on Saturday was that the archivist won't even be in today (Monday). So I'm going to see if they can accommodate me and my 8 pages of research notes today somehow; if not I'll just leave as I can only take so much time off of work.

Posted on: 5/13 7:48
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved