Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
365 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 364

greybeard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard cars of India
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kasli
See User information
Hi I am doing some research on Packard Cars that came to India , They were assembled here too .

some were further exported out from the country too before the ban that was set by the government . I would be greatful if anyone on
has any information on these cars or even some information on the sales of the Packard Marque connected to India in general would be very helpful

my email is packardclubindia@gmail.com

Thank you

Posted on: 6/8 1:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard cars of India
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

kasli wrote:
Hi I am doing some research on Packard Cars that came to India , They were assembled here too .

some were further exported out from the country too before the ban that was set by the government . I would be greatful if anyone on
has any information on these cars or even some information on the sales of the Packard Marque connected to India in general would be very helpful

my email is packardclubindia@gmail.com

Thank you

There may be others, but the only Packards I know of assembled in India were export vehicles that arrived Knocked Down (KD) .... meaning partially assembled. These were sent in crates out from Detroit with the necessary components still boxed. Many were equipped with special features and heavy duty components.

Here is a 1934 Packard configured in right-hand drive (RHD) that was exhibited this year at Amelia Island. If I recall, it came from India. The entire hood was done in chrome plating and there were other custom features...

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 6/8 20:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved