Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

EPA proposed reducing ethanol in gas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I got this flash from google news on an topic I follow. Whenever this topic comes up google news sends it to me.
The source is NY Times...More info may be available by going to their website.

New York Times - ‎38 minutes ago‎

"WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday proposed reducing the amount of ethanol that is required to be mixed with gasoline, the first time it has taken steps to slow down the drive to replace fossil fuels with renewable forms of energy."

Posted on: 2013/11/15 19:43
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Re: EPA proposed reducing ethanol in gas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Ethanol is a nightmare to older cars originally designed to run on leaded 97 octane premium gasoline. Last winter I thought I had a serious engine problem, with excessive smoking and loss of power during the colder months. Following the advice of fellow club members, I started using Star Tron enzyme fuel treatment, which seems to make a difference ... so far. I can only hope that the EPA reduces ethanol in gas; but judging recent EPA decisions, I will believe it when I see it at the pumps.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 20:16
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Re: EPA proposed reducing ethanol in gas
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
And here is that missing link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/us/for-first-time-epa-proposes-reducing-ethanol-requirement-for-gas-mix.html?_r=0

We can only hope they reduce the ethanol requirement.

I too have been using Startron in the summer, but when I store my cars for the winter I avoid ethanol-diluted fuel and drive to a local marina that still sells ACTUAL gasoline and fill up there.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 21:37
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved