Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Col. Jesse Vincent Home - Grosse Pointe Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
The Junior League of Detroit and the new owner of the home have Col. Vincent's home open and available for tours this month.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/life/home-garden/2016/05/05/seaside-showstopper-overflows-design-ideas/83990260/

The prior owner purchased the home in the early 1970 and just occupied it - doing very little maintenance or improvement. I walked through the home with Jesse's niece Roberta when she was in town for the 2006 PAC National Meet and she was unhappy to say the least.

Interior decorators can get carried away and I wonder how much of the stuff the new owner will actually retain. But thought you would like to know.

Posted on: 2016/5/8 15:27
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Col. Jesse Vincent Home - Grosse Pointe Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
I find it lamentable they cut down those 20 trees.

Wow, I can't remotely image what it would be like to live in 5300 square feet. I'd be lost as a goose.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/5/9 10:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
You can tell that whoever did all this must have been born after the Apollo Moon Landing and has been watching too much HGTV or whatever the TV show is.

Knocking out walls and shoving in modern garbage is horrific. Who had art-moderne-rococco glass-top tables in 1927? AND what is so terrible about having old things in an old house! Describing things as "dated"... OMG!!! The whole house is "dated"!!!! What is happening to the world??

And by golly, let's cut down all those nasty old trees while we're knocking out the walls of four rooms and making them into one! Somebody actually sat down and wrote all this morphing all up as if it is wonnnnnnnderful. That poor house. It's a showplace alright.

Someday people will be looking back at the present era of granite-top counters, stainless steel knobs and appliances and knocked-out walls and you know what they'll be calling it all? DATED.

Posted on: 2016/5/9 21:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Actually, 8 couples from Motor City Packards went to view the house today. True, it was not done to replicate what Vincent and his wife created, but rather to give a bunch of decorators a blank canvas to demonstrate what is current today. The new owners will not be keeping any of the furniture as it is on loan and most of the walls will be repainted to their tastes.

Frankly, it looks a lot better than it did in 2006, when it appeared to be occupied by a hermit turned hoarder. They had covered the wide-planked and pegged wood floors with a two-tone green shag carpeting and installed a 12 foot in diameter trampoline INSIDE the living room.

I spoken with the new owner of the home several times and I believe he will do the home justice.

Posted on: 2016/5/9 22:31
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved