Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: A great surprise and much thanks!
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Thanks again BigKev this is another example of the great bunch of guys we have here working together. Glad to be a small part of a ever growing and informative group headed by a understanding and progressive leader . I know Randy Brian and myself had a great time with are signing get together .

Posted on: 2009/4/14 18:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BIGKEV: Thank You so much for starting this web site. I can remember back in the first year when a couple of malcontents
started digging deep into their libraries for any kind of information they had on Packards. I know how hard you worked to put that information on this web site and the many emails that were exchanged between a couple of us in the beginning. You continue to work just as hard today and have spent a lot of money out of your own pocket on postage in mailing things back to people who have made contributions to the site.

It has been nice to sit back and see this site grow into what it is today.

Just as a side note another good thing happened on April 17, 1900 my grandmother was born and played a big part in life for almost 50 years.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/4/14 18:37
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

JW wrote:
By the way, Tom Wilcox is responsible for creating the card.

Thanks Tom, it's a great looking card. I plan on framing it, and also the Oz version!

JW, thanks for that brochure when I saw the name on the stamp I figured it may have been from your fathers dealership, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for sharing that piece with me. It means a lot to me.

For those that did not see the framed print, here is what it looks like. I like that they cut the mat in the Packard radiator shape. Very cool!

Attach file:

jpg  (97.99 KB)
1_49e525fa7a7a9.jpg 768X1024 px

Posted on: 2009/4/14 19:10
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
greetings from one of those who didnt sign the card. Logistics prevented the card from heading my way, but thanks so much for the website!

This site has been a tremendous help for a kid with limited resources.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 20:04
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Kev,

You deserve all the thanks in the world. This site has revolutionized Packard collecting and may be the future model for many other car hobby mediums. Your how to articles are outstanding, even helping non-Packard owners.

We are fortunate to have a fellow who can bridge the gap between the old days, and modern times. who would have ever thought when Packards were still new that a magic box and typewriter hooked to a small TV screen could connect Packard enthusiasts from around the world; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

I can't wait to see you at a meet sometime in the future sporting your finished car. It sounds like it's going to be great!

Thanks for all you do for all Packard enthusiasts!

Jim

Posted on: 2009/4/14 20:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Kev, Another congrats. Few of us have vision, even fewer have the energy and commitment, and only a real handful of us have the skill and technical wizardry to keep this concept going. You found a way to make "Packard" a realistic collector car alternative for a new generation.
All the best, Mike

Posted on: 2009/4/14 20:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Kev,
Congratulations from another non-signing conspirator. Logistics and time did not allow South Dakota on the sign-in itinerary.
But, as I have said on soooo.. many other opportunities,

for all you have done, continue to do and
for all the benefits that we receive from your efforts.

ENJOY!

DanL

Posted on: 2009/4/14 21:04
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Congrats BigKev on three years!

Here's an incomplete map of the card's trip; I know it went overseas also...

Attach file:

jpg  (84.31 KB)
471_49e54a29330ae.jpg 958X622 px

Posted on: 2009/4/14 21:45
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It was such a pleasure doing this for you Kev, and you should see the PILES of emails just working out the logistics of the whole thing! With Mal working out all the fine details with the others, I can honestly say that I was just along for the ride! I'm glad it made it to you "on time" for the 3rd anniversary of Packardinfo!

Posted on: 2009/4/15 1:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
Hi BIGKEV!
The card could not make its rounds here in South Africa, but I want to congratulate and wish you all the best with your project car and of course thanks a lot for keeping this website up and going! It is the best place for an African to connect to the Packard community overseas!
Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/4/15 2:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved