Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 200

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

A great surprise and much thanks!
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well today at my office I received a large wooden crated package to my attention. I had no idea what it was. I can honestly say this is the first time ever I have even received a crated item in the mail.

So after looking it over I saw that it came from Howard Hanson. I quickly tried to remember if Howard said he was sending something my way for scanning. Then I suddenly thought to myself...."I'm going to need a bigger scanner!"

So after much strapping tape removed, and a pile of wood screws, and got the crate open, and carefully packed in the inside was a beautiful framed print of all the great post-war Packards. Just wonderful, but now I was really confused. So digging a little deeper in to the crate (think father from A Christmas Story with his major prize) to see if I missed anything to explain this delivery from Howard. All of this with the every growing office crowd piling around.

Then I located a series of envelopes. The first one I opened contained a large card with a picture of a '54 Packard brochure on the cover. Inside the card was a great thank you message to me for all the work I have put into the website on it's 3 year anniversary, and was signed by almost all of the website regular posters and contributors from all over North America, and also Gerd in Germany, as well as good wishes from Ireland, South Africa and other places across the pond. Speechless I was!

So I looked in the other envelopes and I found another card from all the folks in Oz signed at the 2009 PACA National Rally, and a great picture book complication of all the various cars that attended the rally.

Finally one more envelope with a personal thank you letter from John Lawrence, and a wonderful original '54 Sales Brochure that has a great picture of my car in it.

I would like to thank you all that contributed to this, and all of the users on the website that have contributed to how great this website was become. The website is really a grass-roots community effort and shows what can be done when people from all over the world come together to support a common interest. It really means a lot to me that you all contributed to this and managed to pull it off without me getting wind of it! I can just imaging the mailing route that this card must hard taken across North America and to Gerd in Germany. And also the efforts of our friends from Oz and our head Registry keeper for getting everyone to sign the card at the PACA run. Also John for the nice letter, and the wonderful brochure (was that from your Father's dealership?). Also Howard for sending the wonderful finished item to me. The print and other items are just wonderful and they will be enjoyed for many years in my home. I truely thank you all. For those that didnt get to see what everything looked like in its finished state, I was able to scan all the cards and items here in the office. When I get home I will take a picture of the print.

Here are all the scanned items:

Attach file:

jpg  (154.94 KB)
1_49e4ea2882b1b.jpg 792X1224 px

jpg  (113.31 KB)
1_49e4ea3959f9b.jpg 850X1100 px

jpg  (40.02 KB)
1_49e4ea4541a2e.jpg 792X612 px

jpg  (18.48 KB)
1_49e4ea504fbbb.jpg 612X792 px

jpg  (51.33 KB)
1_49e4ea5d419fc.jpg 757X1060 px

Posted on: 2009/4/14 14:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: A great surprise and much thanks!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kevin, I'm so glad you were suprised, it was so well deserved, and so very much more! Let me add my thanks to those who conceived the idea and pushed it along. And what fun it was for all of us to pull this off without your getting wind of it.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for many enjoyable computer hours and hopes for many more to come.. Happy 3rd Anniversary.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,

"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow" - a terrific proverb and very appropriate in this context. From the acorn you planted, nutured and cultivated a mighty oak tree in the shape of PackardInfo.com is steadily growing.

It's also an appropriate way to describe this tribute to you and the site. From an idea first voiced by Gerd, at the beginning of the year, to it's culmination in your receiving the final result today, it too grew from an initial form to what you see as it's final incarnation.
Our go out to you for all the work you've done and continue to do in creating, improving and growing PackardInfo. I'd also like to thank everybody involved in what was truly a global exercise for the time, effort and passion they imparted to the process.

PS - This is a once only offer, don't be waiting by the door next year for another anniversay "present"

Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote:........So I looked in the other envelopes and I found another card from all the folks in Oz signed at the 2009 PACA National Rally, and a great picture book complication of all the various cars that attended the rally.......

Kev,

The initial plan was that the folks in Oz would sign the card as well, but logistical problems prevented it from arriving in time to do so.

Concerning the 2009 Rally Book, I have gained permission from PACA the copyright owners, and they've made it available in electronic form with a PACA watermark so it can be included on PackardInfo for all to enjoy. I will arrange for this to be sent to you in the near future.

Again, thanks for all you do and continue to do.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A well-deserved thank you from all the members of Packardinfo including those who logistically couldn't personally sign it.
We were all in the loop and for once we all kept our mouths shut. We also used it as a way to get together for brunch.

Attach file:

jpg  (79.35 KB)
23_49e50861aa1d5.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/14 17:00
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks again everyone. You all have a future in covert operations!

Hey thats a great picture of you guys. Where was that taken at?

Posted on: 2009/4/14 17:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
BigKev, you are most welcome. It was our pleasure. By the way, Tom Wilcox is responsible for creating the card. Looking forward to the next three years of packardinfo.com.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 17:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yes, the brochure is one from my father's dealership.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 17:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Congratulations Kev. It really was an honour to have participated towards this tribute to you for the selfless and fine work you do for us Packard enthusiasts. Thanks also to all those who worked so hard to make this tribute possible and who organized the mailing lists etc. I am honoured to know you all.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 17:50
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved