Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 115

Bill, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Dealer List
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
For my project on thief-proof numbers I was fortunate to obtain original records from the late 30s for about 300 Packards imported by Autola Oy in Finland, and I understand an article on the history of this firm may reach publication soon.

Posted on: 2010/3/15 19:12
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Added a few new dealers to the list, and fixed a couple of typos and duplicates. Also added several additional pictures. If you know of any Dealerships, them please add them to the list.

Also I am try to find anyone that may have copies of the Packard Dealership/Agent Directories that were produced by Packard on a yearly basis. If anyone has a copy of one of those, then I would appreciate a scan or photo copy of the information so I can incorporate the information into the database.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/3/24 13:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Added several missing dealers in the Chicago area to the list (about 10 of them). Also added some in NYC, and some in ME.

Also I have decided that if I show multiple address for the same dealer then I will add that Dealer multiple times to reflect the different addresses. Same goes with a Dealer that changed names.

I am still looking for any and all copies of the Packard Directory. These were published by Packard every year and list the all the Dealers and Distributors domestic and abroad for that year.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 3:18
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I went through all the Post-War Service Counselors and extracted all the references to Dealers and added those to the database. There were instances where they mentioned a dealer by city name and not dealership name. In those cases if that city did not already have a dealership listed in the database, then I added it with the name Packard Dealer (?). This will serve as a place holder for that city until I can located a matching Dealer for that city by name.

I also added a few international Dealers that were listed in the Counselors.

Current Dealership Count: 2511 (and growing daily)

Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:24
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just merged the 1939 Packard Directory (Dealership listing) differences into the Dealer List. Now we have 2554 entires in the database. Growing everyday!

Thanks to Dave for sending the 39 Directory over to me.

I must say resolving the foreign Dealerships are the most challenging. Due to the fact that many of the counties named in the list do not exist anymore. Also sometimes the city names are no longer the same either. In 1939 it was still a time of British and French colonies. So I had to do some Googling to resolve things. For example: British Honduras = Belize. French Indo-China was Cambodia and Vietnam. Arabia = Saudi Arabia, Palestine = Israel and so on. The African counties were a challenge also.

Posted on: 2010/4/3 23:19
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I made some programing changes the Dealership Listing. Now you can click on the headings to sort my either Dealer Name, Address, City, State, Country, or Updated. If you click the same header again it will toggle ascending or descending sorts.

The default sorts is by Country, then State, then City, then Dealership Name.

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2010/4/4 3:37
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks for all your efforts - they are very much appreciated.

Posted on: 2010/4/4 10:59
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jim Pearsall was kind enough to loan me several of the Packard Directories. So I have started to add more dealers to the list. Currently working on the 1925 Directory. I added over 100 additional dealers last night before my vision started to get blurry.

Currently 2675 (Worldwide) dealers in the database.

I also made another change to the database so it filters the results so now you can view USA Only (default filter), Non-USA, and Worldwide listings.

I also added several additional Non-US dealers last night that I didnt have before. Also the existing database's core listings came from the 1939-1941 Directories. So the there were many additional Dealers in 1925 that disappeared, moved, or were renamed sometime in between those time periods. When I add dealers now I am going to insert the year reference in as a note. So you will see the new dealers that were added yesterday have a note "Listed in the 1925 Packard Directory".

Posted on: 2010/4/7 10:17
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Now 3048 Dealers (Worldwide) in the Database, and I still have 12 more pages to type in.

Interesting the changes to dealer structure between 1925 and 1939. I would say only about 5% of dealerships maintained their names and locations. Tons of dealerships disappeared all together between those time periods. I would gather that the Great Depression had a lot to do with it. Also I noticed that there were many more Distributors listed in 1925. Looks like at some point Packard realigned the country into less minor Distributors, and more major Distributors each covering a larger metro area.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 1:02
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just an update, we now have 3233 (Worldwide) Dealerships listed in the Packard Dealers(hip) Database. I still have a couple of the Packard directories to work through from the mid 20s and 30s and get them added. As you can imagine it's tedious work. So I will do a little at a time as I have spare time.

If you know of any Packard dealerships missing, lets please get them added.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/8/25 17:14
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved