Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 234

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: DO 51,52,53 PARTS FIT 54?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
It's a little hard to tell from the illustrated plates in the parts book, but after looking at my old American Car Spotter's Guide 1940-1965, I see what you mean.

The top of the leading edge of the front doors for closed cars are rounded for 51-52, but have more of a "corner" to them for 53-54.

The outer repair panels (skins) fit 51-54 because they only cover that part of the door below the window belt line.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 9:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I went and inspected the 51 and 52 Packards and it looked to me like the front doors would not fit due to the changes made on the front windshield and post as you guys explained. Also did not find any parts I could use as they were both deteriorated very much. I did pick up the duct work needed for the fresh air ducts at no cost and had a great day looking at all the cars Tom had at his home. He has a 51 Caribbean convertible that is almost done and I asked him to get on line to join the info hot line as he is a collector and car builder.

Posted on: 2011/10/19 14:48
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Caribbean's were only 1953-1956. So a 1951 would be a "Standard" Convertible which I believe was considered a 250 model.

Also in 1953-1954 they had both Caribbean Convertibles, and Standard Convertibles. I actual prefer the look of the Standard ones over the Caribbean's IMHO.

Posted on: 2011/10/19 15:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved