Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
337 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 336

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Since the car is black it should look just fine. Could even go red.

I's just like to know why u are so powder coat happy???? Many people are. I mean, whats wrong with just some good quality enamel paint (no, not foo-foo cans)?????

Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:45
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Al, are you aware that there's a powder coat process that looks almost identical to chrome? You might try that too.

Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Maybe it's just the picture or my poor computer terminal but the powder coat does not seem to be very glossy. Can the powder coat be had in glossy to match the beautiful paint on the car????

Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:49
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Al, I will take pics tomorrow to show you what the rubber pieces look like. They are a dust shield and combined with the rubber pieces that are stapled to the rear splash pan they prevent dust and dirt from blowing up from underneath the car to dirty the trunk and taillights. I used masticated rubber to make new pieces.

Posted on: 2009/12/17 20:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hey guys
Keith is right I do tend to spout off about powder coating a bit to much. In this case the shop glass-beaded the housings and then called me and said that it revealed to much pitting with more to come when the units would go into the oven to cook. So the guy offered to take them to his home shop and bondo them and then wet paint them for me. My bad. The brackets came out great though.

Randy:
Are these pieces being made by anyone. If not could I take
an old busted up inner tube and make some. Lastly what would be the result in trying to make a form and have them made out of sheet metal and then reproducing them for others. Was it just the 56 Clippers that had them. My 55 Seniors don't have them or at least I never saw any when I was working on them.

Al

Posted on: 2009/12/18 11:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well Here is the rear end of the car with just about everything on it. I have got the wrong circle V because the one that was on the car is bigger and now I can't find it.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.78 KB)
430_4b393d776f207.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (41.39 KB)
430_4b393da904415.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/28 18:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
At first glance the powder coated tail light housings don't look too bad at all. Doesn't appear to stand out as much with bumper on as looked like they might in the earlier photo. The black body and chrome makes the grayish in between tail light look sort of make a transition.

That "V" looks like the front one.

Posted on: 2009/12/28 18:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
yeah, it is. but it is the wrong one. yhe one for the rear is bigger. its here somewhere.

Posted on: 2009/12/28 21:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
yeah, it is. but it is the wrong one. yhe one for the rear is bigger. its here somewhere.

Posted on: 2009/12/28 21:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved