Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 68

TommyGoGo, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Proper fuel flow
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
As Craig says his system is overkill for you and most guys.
Most of us use a low pressure electric fuel pump located close to the tank and in series with the mechanical pump.

We cut a short section of the steel fuel line out in order to plumb in the electric pump and connect it with rubber fuel line on each end and clamps.

We switch the pump via an under dash toggle switch connected to the ignition or accessory side of the ignition switch. A fuse from the ignition switch to the toggle switch is also used to protect the circuit.

Get the type of electric fuel pump that will allow the mechanical pump to pump through it.

Others here have variations on this and may come by to offer you their suggestion.

There you go, good luck.

Posted on: 2016/7/20 16:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Exactly how I have mine plumbed and wired up as JW has described. Plus I have a large filter between the tank and the electric pump. This allows any debris to be caught there.

Posted on: 2016/7/20 18:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
JW Quote:
As Craig says his system is overkill for you and most guys

JW and others are exactly correct. My Panther system is way overkill for most stock systems. But, unless you know the outlaying tech, it's hard to understand the basic tech. Take from them what you need for your situation and deal with the mods accordingly.

Craig

Posted on: 2016/7/20 19:08
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

50Cal
See User information
Thanks everyone for the response to the "what pusher pump" to use. I don't know how it could be more explicit and clear. Off to order from Amazon.

Cal

Posted on: 2016/7/20 23:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Big Kev makes a good point about having a filter before the electric pump. Some pumps come with the filter attached and most other makers require a filter before the pump to avoid dirt in the pump and voiding the warranty.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/7/21 10:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved