Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1923 single six seat question
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
In a 1923 single six open touring car is the front seat essentially a pedestal or is there room under the seat that can be easily accessed?

Have to take a picture of one that is some miles away and want to figure if I can insert a tripod leg extension under the seat to take an inside picture.

Posted on: 2012/8/8 15:52
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: 1923 single six seat question
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
No sages out there? Tsk Tsk!

Posted on: 2012/8/9 14:19
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Pat,
There is a small area under the front seat on the 126" 5 passenger , 133" 7 passenger model open tourers. Its about 3" deep at the front of the seat tapering down to about 1" deep at the back so there is not much room. It is accessed by lifting out the seat. If the car is the 4 passenger Sport tourer which has a lower profile, the front seat sits flat on the floor with no storage space underneath.
Incidentally the bodies for all First and Second Series 6 & 8 cylinder cars are the same from the scuttle or firewall back. The extra length of the eights is all in the hood.

Posted on: 2012/8/9 18:00
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

docgartner
See User information
This may be too late for your needs, but here is a photo I took last week when visiting my 1924 Packard single six Touring. It is with the driver's door open looking across the front of the seat at the floor.

I hope it helps.

Seth Gartner
Charlotte, NC

Attach file:

jpg  (106.17 KB)
4135_502e716a650ea.jpg 720X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/8/17 11:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved