Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
181 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 181

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How many Packards like mine where made that year?
Home away from home
Home away from home

N.C.23rdPackard
See User information
So I got this car because I liked the look and "quality" feel it had to it. I new nothing about the history of Packards, and the more I learn about them the more I like them, I think I am getting the Packard bug, I am already considering what model I am going to buy next and my 14 year old said that he would rather have a mid 30's Packard then the "electric Blue" Toyoda Tacoma he had his eye on. I mean imagine the guy that engineered my hood when they told him that they wanted a hood that could be opened from either side and oh, by the way, you can't use any hinges! Impressive engineering indeed! So I now find myself curious about info OTHER then that relating to maintenance. My question is does anyone have a firm number on how many 2300 series, Deluxe Eights were made in 1949? Thanks, Steve

Posted on: 2012/8/27 10:02
 Top  Print   

Re: How many Packards like mine where made that year?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You really should give the vehicle number when asking that question - but I'm assuming you have the 4-door sedan Eight DeLuxe (2362) and not the Club Sedan DeLuxe (2365). I presume you mean made (titled) as 1949, not actually manufactured in 1949? That's a different question. Are you sure you have a 1949 (2363-XXXXX) and not a 1950 (2362-5-XXXXX)?

Mr. Neal in his recent book estimates a 28,050 total of the 2362 for the 23rd series, distributed as 15,025 as 23rd series 1949 models, and 13,025 as 1950 models. Packard records by individual body style are spotty and it was only in later years that they kept them at all.

To answer you exact question, 33,050 DeLuxe Eights were manufactured as 23rd series cars, including both body styles; 14,650 were built at 1949 models. Again an estimate by Mr. Neal in his outstanding new book on these cars.

Posted on: 2012/8/27 10:13
 Top  Print   

Re: How many Packards like mine where made that year?
Home away from home
Home away from home

N.C.23rdPackard
See User information
Yeah 2362 and no -5-, thanks!

Posted on: 2012/8/27 10:35
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved