Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
260 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 255

Don B, 37Blanche, 52 Mayfair, TxGoat, packardsix1939, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 headlight wiring loom & battery cable
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Guys, a question. In with my new loom were two headlight bucket pieces -- 5 fabric covered wires in ordinary fabric slip in type loom covering. Correct colors and I think correct type wire but these are considerably shorter than what is in the car now. I'm thinking either what is in my car was changed at some point & is incorrect or these new pieces are for another model. If they are correct then something else is amiss in the car.

Next time someone is close to their car could you tell me what type headlight loom wire is in your car and where it connects. I have 5 wire rubber covered cable to the buckets. One terminal strip about 2/3 down the left fender. Left headlight goes to the strip directly and right headlight has a 4-5' length of the same rubber covered cable which crosses in a channel over the radiator to the left terminal strip.

Another question is battery ground cable. Is it actual wire or the bare braid. I have pictures showing both.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 12:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 headlight wiring loom & battery cable
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
I'm not sure about the headlight wiring for 21st Series but the 22nd Series Custom 8 has a rubber covered 3 wire cable to the headlights and a similar 2 wire cable to the park lights. Short cables from the terminal strip on the left fender to the left side lights and longer ones to the right side crossing over the radiator cradle.

Original 22nd Series cars that I have seen used a heavy wire cable for the ground. The same part number is listed for the 21st Series.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 21:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Here's what my Maroon headlight wires look like.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (115.80 KB)
1003_51abf1c78ec2c.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (129.58 KB)
1003_51abf1f0c3771.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (131.41 KB)
1003_51abf21f05bd6.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2013/6/2 20:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for photos. I had a feeling the pieces that were mixed in with the loom were for another car. It's been a long time since I bought that new loom at a PI meet & it probably was left over stuff all thrown in together. At least the two important main pieces in the mix were correct. The headlight pieces will be easy to make.

Posted on: 2013/6/2 21:18
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
If I can remember I will look and see if that isn't something of tubing running from the headlight up to the engine compartment.
Wes

Posted on: 2013/6/6 0:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Howard,
Here's another video for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZvoeWNPG9E
Wes

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved