Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Warren Ohio meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Hey listen if any of you Packard afictionados are intending to attend Warren for the meet this year in July, better make your reservations NOW! I called earlier today and made mine-and the Best Western Park hotel said they are nearly booked!

Posted on: 2014/1/2 2:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Warren Ohio meet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
...the Best Western Park hotel said they are nearly booked!

That's probably because it's a 'historic' building, built back in 1880s, conveniently located across from the county courthouse in the center of downtown Warren. The place has been remodeled countless times since, but IIRC, the most recent effort (2012?) included knocking out interior walls to provide larger rooms - though that would significantly reduce the total room count.

The limited number of lodging facilities in the immediate area posed quite a challenge for the Centennial meet. The center of commerce had begun shifting to areas south of Youngstown decades ago. In fact, I heard some people had to stay as far away as Canfield or Boardman - over half an hour away.

However, there are a couple of larger hotels, with ample parking, that were built, within the last decade or so, near the Eastwood Mall complex in the Niles/Howland area, on the other side of Warren - just below the Rte. 82 bypass that circles to the north, around Warren, with an exit to Rte. 45/Mahoning Avenue that leads, south, to the Museum.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 9:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Warren Ohio meet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I made my reservations a while back so I'm all set. Though it's not as central as the host hotel, a very comfortable (and a bit pricey) place I can recommend if you can't get into the host hotel is The Avalon.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 9:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved