Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 233

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

50 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Checking ebay pretty often and now there is a 50 Packard 23rd series, two tone silver and grey with a buy it now price. What are your opinions on this car. I don't care for the color of the interior, just my opinion. Says it has overdrive but I don't see the lockout cable under the dash. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks, Richie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Delux-Custom-Club-Sedan-Delux-Custom-Club-Sedan-1950-PACKARD-/281296713947?

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:24
 Top  Print   

Re: 50 Packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Gleason
See User information
Richie,

It would help if that you could provide a link to car you are looking at in your post so we know the car you are asking about.

As a tip, highlight (copy) the heading from the ad in Ebay and drop it (paste) into your post.

Happy hunting

Bob

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:00
1937 Packard Six 115-C Touring Sedan
Built in Windsor, ON Canada
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Richie

It is not a club sedan, it is regular 4 door sedan.

There were no two tone color schemes in the 23rd series. The upholstery is very incorrect. People are always claiming that they can paint and trim their car anyway they want. I am probably a fuddy duddy but if someone is too lazy or unwilling to try to get these close it makes me wonder about other work on the car.

The fender skirts are not on the car.

It is possible to run an overdrive car without a cable, I did it for a long time. The picture of the firewall is too dark to see if there is a relay. On these cars is is sliver, below the voltage regulator, I think, with a fuse on the outside and connections on both sides.

On the other hand. the paint and chrome are much better than on the 50 I used to own

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
1950 Packard

The only one I see is this one with a GM front clip and engine. Is this the one?

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Oh I see, you are talking about this one

the other 1950 Packard

Looks like a nice car, that interior though. I don;t think it'll bring anywhere near that money.

I'd hold off for a nicer car for that kind of money

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
I wasn't sure how to do that Gangster, I tried it and it worked. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Thanks JHH, I don't care at all for the interior color combination either. I don't know that much about the Packard series, models and so on yet, but am learning. Thanks JHH.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Tinpan, I finally got the link to work, although a bit late. Thanks for posting it. I know the guys on here are pretty much experts on Packards and I value your opinion and theirs. I have a lot to learn but am enjoying journey. Thanks Tinpan for your help.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 20:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Richie

I you are interested in this era of Packards you should buy Robert Neal's book, Packard 1948-1950. They are fine, under rated cars. Many people don't understand them very well

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2014/3/28 21:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
JHH, where would I find that book?

Posted on: 2014/3/28 22:26
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved