Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 207

Don B, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

hood hinch & alignment
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I've been struggling with the hood on my 36 120. The hinch on the backside won't stay hooked up to the hood. It pops right out when I open the hood on the right side.
I cant get it aligned properly either but I'm thinking it has to do with the hinch. I didn't take the grill shell out or moved it so I'm baffled by the fact that it ain't fitting right. Any suggestions?

Posted on: 2014/6/13 16:32
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Re: hood hinch & alignment
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Basically a bad design causing your problem in addition to decades of wear. One thing to keep in mind is NOT to open both hood panels at the same time. I believe someone was making new hinges and maybe a poster here will recall who did that. It is a nasty little problem with which to deal. Good luck.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/6/13 18:08
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The San Diego region of Packards International has the reproduction hood hinges.

PI San Diego Region Projects

Posted on: 2014/6/13 18:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Those are the hood hinge end anchors from PISD. The hinge itself is not reproduced to my knowledge. I have adapted a modern streetrod hinge to my hood, and can open both sides if I so choose at the same time, however, it was a time consuming and labor intensive process.

Posted on: 2014/6/13 19:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved