Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 235

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Finding correct hood-ornaments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
I'm going to have a devil of time trying to concisely phrase this question, so please be patient.

Say you find a pre-WWII Packard that came from the factory without a hood-ornament. Perhaps it was originally ordered that way.

Now, you'd like to get a hood-ornament that matches the series/year of the Packard. Is that possible?

kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/7 18:34
 Top  Print   

Re: Finding correct hood-ornaments
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The 120-Cs and 115-Cs had as standard equipment the bail type ornament. The "Flying Lady" ornament was offered as an option. I believe the 1937 accessories catalog is in the Packard Literature and Manuals section under the Main Menu. Optional accessories for these cars are pictured and described there. You will be surprised at the number of accessories for these car, and even more so at the then list prices.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/7 19:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thank you for the info.

What if a Packard is missing its hood ornament? Is it possible to find a replacement, either original or newly-manufactured?

kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/7 19:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Replacement ornaments are available. They often come up on eBay. You might try some of the parts suppliers who get mentioned here. For 1937 parts you can go to the source and PM "Flackmaster". If he does not have it he can probably find it for you or direct you to a good source. He has a strange (not necessarily high) pricing method. I'd try him first.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/7 21:16
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
If you want a truly, concours quality copy of a Packard (or about any other) mascot, then you need to talk with either Don or Dan Sommer at American Arrow.http://www.americanarrowcorp.com/

If you have an extra minute or two, then you need to go to the ABOUT tab and read the comments about Don Sommer - he is well known in the Packard community.

Posted on: 2014/7/8 15:15
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thank you for the guidance. I appreciate it. I'll be sure and check out the link.
kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/8 16:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
GREAT SITE! Loved reading about Don! He definitely provides an invaluable service. I've often wondered what someone does when a certain part no longer exists. Fascinating stuff.

Lord willing, one day I'll own a pre- WWII Packard.

Kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/8 16:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved