Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 159

kevinpackard, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

It's time for a pair: Christmas idea
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
These have seemed like a good idea for "one of these days"
I clicked on the video & I'm sold. They may even help prevent tire spotting?
These could be a good Christmas idea.
Oh, Item # 148811

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&ipp=24&Ntt=dolly

Posted on: 2014/11/29 18:36
 Top  Print   

Re: It's time for a pair: Christmas idea
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
They're OK. I bought 4 of the same type for moving a car to park it in an inaccessible by driving space..One under each wheel and you can spin the car at a 90 degree turn but does take some effort because of the small iron wheels on the dolly. Be sure to keep the wheels and axles on the dolly well greased. If I were to do it again, would have got a heavier dolly so the extra $ the heavy duty costs might be worth it on a Packard.

If it matters, HarborFreight has what appears to be the identical item #67511 and #61283 on sale for $10 less. Difference appears to be in the wheels and HF has gone to a different surface wheel since I bought mine . If the Northern item has iron wheels, probably more rugged but iron does leave a mark on concrete.

If the curve fits the wheel it might help with spotting but it is a fairly large curve.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 19:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I bought a set of 4 similar ones for my Pacakrd and they were virtually useless, in fact one of them bent under the weight. They might have been OK for a snowmobile or even. Small car but for a car the size of a Packard make sure the wheels are big.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I got these under my 400.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200430521_200430521

They are very strong and I have no issue with the product itself. However, my dad and I could not move a complete car. Once the engine was out I had no problem but we had to use a come-along to pull it into place.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 20:02
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved