Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 203

todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 400 gas tank
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Been a long week so I'll research this a little later, but I was wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head, if reasonably priced new tank are available anywhere?

Thanks

Robin

Posted on: 2015/4/2 15:58
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 400 gas tank
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kanter Auto Parts just had the tank reproduced within the last year or so, exactly as original and from the reports they are excellent and priced attractively. Just call them or check their website. You may also find it on ebay which is Kanter's tank sold from other locations to minimize shipping.

Posted on: 2015/4/2 16:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Dang, looks like $349 plus $50 shipping from Minnisota

Posted on: 2015/4/2 16:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kanter in NJ must be closer than Minnesota. I think that's a GREAT price, local places here are now getting close to $300 to boil out and coat.

Posted on: 2015/4/2 16:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Yeah, may last car was my 48 Club Sedan. I burned 2 and a half days with my car guy trying to fix the old one. It had been fixed once before with something resembling tar and asphalt. He had to cut the tank in half and spend 2 days trying to get the previous fix off the tank before he could fix it.

He called me and said he had seen someone advertising exact repros of the Packard tank. This car he is working on is my father's. It has 3 fuel filters and they all are full or rust.

We were wondering why there was an electronic fuel filter after the mechanical one. Now we know.

Soooo..... the additional ones are going in the trash and instead of trying to fix this rusty tank dear old dad is springing for a new one.

Posted on: 2015/4/2 16:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Kanter also has tanks for $349, plus for around $100 bucks more you can get a kit with e sending unit, straps and fuel sender.

I'll order one on Monday when the Packard dept is open

Posted on: 2015/4/5 7:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Kanter also says that it is made of terne-plated steel which is how the originals were manufactured.

Posted on: 2015/4/5 9:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved