Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 160

West Peterson, Marty or Marston, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard dealers and photos
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Thought there might be some interested parties here for info on the old dealers. On a recent trip to my local upholstery guy we got talking about the clipper and he mentioned to me some uncles of his or cousins were involved with a NY packard dealership in coney island. He said the name was Packard Midwood motors. While getting the info of the V8 roster keeper I saw a listing for a dealer roster keeper which was quite surprising to me but I guess it should not have been given the diligence and detail of those in the Packard crowd. On my last visit with him I asked for more info and he said a family member had owned it or managed it back in the day. Knowing there might be some interest here I asked if he or anyone in the family may have pictures of the store front and any of the inside and would he like to donate them for the website. He said no and seemed to have less time to talk but upon a search ofthe list there was indeed a dealer there right where he said on coney is ave and ave n. He must have had personal knowledge of it as there is no way of those detailes coming right off the top of his head like that unless he had spent some time there. Small world. I tried for the pix as there are none here on the listing. PS to moderators- seems there are 3 dealers miss listed or typo on the list as the 3 between MT and NC are listed as newark new york and I had to of course go much farther down the list to find all the actual New York dealers and the Midwood motors listing. Sorry gents, but I did try for the pix.

Oh . Sorry, I did not know.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard dealers and photos
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The Packard world did indeed loose quite an asset with passing of Ken Chapman last year (http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3128). He was the long-time Roster Keeper for dealerships with some 40 years worth of documentation and information on dealerships. Many of the photos he accumulated over the years appear in the Dealerships section of the "Showroom" on the PAC Forum. Ken also had a passion for the prewar Packard airport limousines. I don't believe his now vacant position as Dealership roster keeper has been filled.

Posted on: 2015/4/15 14:45
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved