Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 116

BigKev, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

On it's way.....
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks to Mark Buckley and also my own Ebay-ness the following content is on it's way to me for scanning and will be available for download here soon:

1948-1954 Parts List (sometimes called the Parts Manual, and yes this an original book, not a reprint)
1949 Packard Serviceman's Book-New Car Retail Delivery
1950 Packard Partsman's Training Book-Parts Mgt.
1951 Packard Servicemans Training -Scientific Diagnosis
1947 Packard Servicemans Bklt-Engine Diagnosis-Tune-Up
Packard Servicemans Book-Used Car Reconditioning-C.1950

So probably over a 1,000 more pages of content should available from the website soon over the next 2 weeks.

Posted on: 2007/4/27 11:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: On it's way.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
NICE

Now only if we can find some more Pre '40s stuff.

Posted on: 2007/4/27 11:37
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Tom I would love to have some more Pre-War stuff on the website. I see material available on ebay all the time. So I know it's out there. As much as I would to be able to buy it all and put it up on the website, unfortunately the pocketbook doesn't allow for that.

What Mark Buckely just did was buy several pieces off of ebay for his own personal collection. But instead of having the sellers send the pieces to his home, he had them ship the pieces to me first for scanning. Then I will send the pieces to back to his home at my expense.

It's really a win, win situation. I just hope as more pre-war owners discover the website, that they will try to share some of their collection with the rest of us.

None of us are getting any younger, and my greatest fear is that some of the material will be lost to the landfill as people pass-on, and their families just think that it's old magazines and junk. I would imagine that less than 20% of the Packard content that is out there is available in new reprinted form, or electronic format such as here. So it would be a shame to have it lost to the ages.

Posted on: 2007/4/27 11:50
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
I have to admit I have not surfed eBay in awhile so I really don't know what is out there. I have been busy work-in on my projects.

Posted on: 2007/4/27 13:05
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1948-54 Part List is now available for download. Enjoy!

Posted on: 2007/4/27 23:39
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Big Kev -

I landed an ORIGINAL 1956 edition of the 1955-1956 Parts List (parts book). It will take some time for me to scan, and a few pages will need some digital clean-up.

I also have an ORIGINAL 1956 edition of the Parts Price List, which the parts book made room for (under a separate tab), but is often missing from most examples (and never included in any reprint).

Last but not least (for now), I have a nice clean ORIGINAL example of the 1955-56 Flat Rate Manual to scan for you.

Alas, it will be some time before I get to this as we are still cleaning up from the usual aftermath of winter, here, and trying to get caught up on spring yard work.

Posted on: 2007/4/28 8:31
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That sounds great Brian. I look forward to seeing all that when your time permits. Thanks so much!

I think that the service manuals, STBs, SC's and Parts List are the most important pieces that can be on the website as they relate directly to getting someone's Packard running again.

I found the 48-54 Parts List on ebay pretty cheap. The first few pages are pretty rough, but the rest is nice and clean. With a sheet fed, duplex scanner it look me about 90 mins to scan the entire book. I already have a reprint version of the that manual that I bought from Faxon. But I wanted an original version for the website.

I am still on the lookout to see if I can find a cheap service manual or part list for the 47 and prior years. But all I keep running across is reprints or ones that are way too expensive.

So if anyone has an original 1947 or prior Service Manual or Part List book they would me borrow to scan for the website, please let me know.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2007/4/28 10:56
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The following pieces are now available for download. Enjoy!

1949 Packard Serviceman's Book-New Car Retail Delivery
1950 Packard Partsman's Training Book-Parts Mgt.
1951 Packard Servicemans Training -Scientific Diagnosis
1947 Packard Servicemans Bklt-Engine Diagnosis-Tune-Up
Packard Servicemans Book-Used Car Reconditioning-C.1950

Thanks again to Mark Buckley for sharing all this content.

Posted on: 2007/5/2 11:38
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved