Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 204

classiclincoln, HH56, BigKev, John Sauser, Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Picture Binders
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The forum should now allow pictures up to 5000kb and larger sizes. If you upload something too big, or it takes too long to upload, you may get the dreaded "forum not selected" error because of upload timeout. Also, I added code so these large photos are displayed inline in the forum at a max of 500px of width. This is to prevent them from causing the web page layout from being thrown off by very wide photos. Clicking on the photo will show the photo at it's original size.

Attach file:

jpg  (190.80 KB)
1_581a23dc58f77.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2016/11/2 12:39
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Picture Binders
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Well that answers that question, that I had just posted.
Wes

Posted on: 2016/11/2 12:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Picture Binders
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You'll see the photo above is much larger. Because of the resources involved, large photos will not generate a "fast loading" thumbnail as it does with the normal sized photos, as this causes a lot of resource issues while generating those.

Because these larger photos will take up more space on the server, at some point soon I will have to move to a larger hosting plan to accommodate the higher storage requirements.

In the picture above, the nine binders (two large format red, one large format black, and five regular sized ones) represent the original Packard advertising from 1899 to 1958. All in chronological order. Also, binders dedicated to Packard Trucks and Packard WWII adverts.

This came out of the collection donated by Fred and Carol Mauck. So at some point soon, I'll go through these and start scanning them into the archive in high-quality. Most of these come from period newspapers, but there are some "artist proof" versions as well.

Posted on: 2016/11/2 12:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved