Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 131

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1930 driveline
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Hi all, Need to drop the driveline. If I remove the six bolts in each of the front and back flanges, will it come out readily? There is a yoke near the transmission but the hole seems large enough to accommodate the flanged end. I'm hoping the universal joints will flex enough so I can work it down and pull out from the back and don't have to do any more disassembly. Any advice? Thanks.

Posted on: 2017/5/6 15:10
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 1930 driveline
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
The front uni joint is splined to the tail shaft so it slides way from the transmission, If you want to remove the tail shaft from the car you will need to remove the centre section bolted to they chassis.

Posted on: 2017/5/7 1:06
 Top  Print   

Re: 1930 driveline
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Thanks David. Received your email and now believe I won't have to drop the driveline after all. Still, good to know what is involved.

Posted on: 2017/5/7 12:55
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved