Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

jgrohn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

PAC in Branson
Just popping in
Just popping in

Brian Lesemann
See User information
I was wondering if someone could answer some questions I have about the Packard Annual Convention in Branson this summer. I have not attended any "meets" to speak of and wanted to know what they were like. Are there many Packards on display at one of these meets, and do they have a swap meet in conjunction with it? Or is it mainly for people who are able to drive their Packards to the meet and then get together and socialize? I am mainly interested in getting parts for my Packard and talking to people who are also restoring their cars. Is this a good opportunity for this?

Posted on: 2009/4/28 18:35
 Top  Print   

Re: PAC in Branson
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Last one I went to there were cars, parts, seminars, lots of socializing and there were several someones who could answer almost any question about any car. Lots of people drove modern cars or flew in so driving your car was not mandatory--although there was a tour in conjunction and to be eligible for some prizes you had to drive your car on the tour. You could have your car judged or just displayed at the big finale.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 18:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Brian, what parts are you looking for on your car? I have some '48-'50 Packard parts and plan on going so I can bring something if you need it.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 20:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I have been to 4 Packard Natonals and IMHO they are definitely worth going to if you can at all possibly afford it. that is not to say that they are expensive, I merely meant "afford it" in light of this dismal economy.
There will be vendors with lots of parts available, cars on display, cars for sale, lots of socializing, no need to drive your car if you do not want to or the car is not ready yet, but if it is drive it there. I so wanted to make it this year with my CLIPPERROD, but it is no where near ready, so I will have to wait until Gettysburg next year. I have not given up hope entirely of going to Branson. I have lots of 55-56 parts I could bring but some financial help will have to appear in order to do it.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 9:02
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Brian Lesemann
See User information
Right now I am interested more in just pricing. For example, bumpers.... very expensive to rechrome, but not as expensive to buy. My 48 has a lot of little things going wrong with it, so I have to choose which is most important. My gut tells me to get it mechanically sound first, then work on the body. However, the body isn't getting any better, but at least it is in a dry garage. The body is in good enough shape that a frame off restoration isn't a must. Also, I enjoy driving it right now, and hesitate to gut the interior because of it.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 0:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Come on down. Lots of cars to see. fun things to do and lots of seminars and talk. I'm sure you will have a great time.

I will be there with my 49 convertible. I have restored several 22nd series cars and will be glad to answer any questions I can.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 19:07
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
2009 Branson
Brian,

Dave's 'Come on Down' is a genuine Missouri welcome as good as fresh points, plugs, and an oil change.

Last year was my first Packard National Meet in Des Moines. I met Dave and his 49 Convertible. I met many other great Packard lovers. (Several were 'Packard info regulars').

Read this 2008 thread from my post as a 'newby' last year. I predict it is a prelude to your experience this year (if you are able to go).

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1090&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

There are some pictures and a gazillion more from Des Moines on the website.

Dave reminded me last year that our Packards are virtually always "works in progress." I am reminded of that as I get my 41 Clipper road worthy for Brandon, again.

Enjoy!

DanL

Posted on: 2009/5/3 11:35
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff
See User information
Well, with two weeks to go, we are really getting revved up for Branson here at Mid-America Packards. Sorry for not logging on as often as I should to answer some of your questions.

By all means, head to any National you can make it to if time, distance and money will allow it. We have been working very hard to make it worth while, for the cost of travel, hotels, and such does make one question.

At this time, we have 12 or 13 vendors planning to attend, and over 60 Packards at this writing. We have continued to receive registrations, and nothing has been closed to registrations. All the venues are still open, and hotel space is still available (the host hotel had a few rooms open up, and the overflow hotel still has room).

Bottom line, we would love to have you come, and enjoy the meet. We have roughly 350 attendees, all of whom will talk Packard till you get your fill. We have 3 qualifying (for judging purposes) tours running from Sunday's Early-Bird through Tuesday's tour of College of the Ozarks/Ralph Foster Museum/Keeter Center luncheon. And of course, Judging at Area '57 at the Dick Clark complex.

If anyone has any specific questions, please do ask - either right here, or at our club email:

midamericapackards@yahoo.com

Our one big loss, of course, was that of Bob Aller, who was coordinating and holding our Tech Seminars. I have been working to find a replacement program, but those are mighty big shoes to fill.

One last point, more than half of our registrants are coming sans-Packard, so don't worry that you won't have a set of East Grand wheels...

Posted on: 2009/6/7 12:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
PLEAS E SIGN ON HERE before you leave for the Branson PAC Meet.

Just curious, Who is planning to be in Branson next week for all or part of the Annual Meet?

Earlier on this thread, Dave and Jeff welcomed PInfo members who can come. JD in KC he wanted to head South to Branson (If he can get a 55 gallon drum of transmission fluid in the front seat with him. AT least, I think he said 'transmission fluid).

I am having eye surgery that will delay my arrival till Tuesday.
I had to do some unscheduled maintainence on my 41 Clipper in the last 2 weeks. I think it is road worthy enough to unload and drive on the tours there.

Otherwise:

See some of you there.
We will send pictures for the rest of you.

Dan'L

Posted on: 2009/6/17 22:35
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Doesn't seem to be much interest in the PAC National at Branson either here or in the AACA Packard forum. Just my thoughts on the matter.

In a short couple of weeks the Eastern American Branch of Packardinfo will be meeting in Warren.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/6/18 17:47
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved