Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

bulb holder dashboard light socket for 47 Packard where to buy?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
Dear all, please do you know a source for this kind of dashboard light socket holder? Used in Packard Super Clipper 47 for oilpressure, temperature lighting . I guess their will be a more common populare source for this parts then Packard. Maybe Ford, MOPAR or GM from this old times? Thank you very much in advance. Best regards Josef

Attach file:

jpeg  socketmini.jpeg (14.32 KB)
161075_6374f5bfcaec7.jpeg 384X682 px

Posted on: 2022/11/16 9:38
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print 

Re: bulb holder dashboard light socket for 47 Packard where to buy?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
RI Wiringhttp://www.riwire.com (click the SUPPLIES button) and YnZhttps://www.store.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/light-sockets.html both offer bare sockets. RI wiring also has the springs, fiber discs, and bare contacts available separately. You will need to measure your old setup as the sockets have different configurations and are available to fit different diameter dash holes..

Been a few years since I ordered from either place but at the time both offered excellent service. YnZ did have a minimum charge so if you need something else like bulbs or wire it might be good to get it at the same time to save having to pay the extra. I do not know if that minimum charge is still in effect though..

You may also be able to find a universal dash light socket in a parts store but those usually come wired with a smaller gauge modern wire and would require a splice or gutting to connect to original wiring.

Posted on: 2022/11/16 10:08
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
That looks very like the instrument panel light sockets on my early to mid 60's Fords.

Posted on: 2022/11/16 20:24
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
thank you so much for your reply. This is very helpful to me. Best regards Josef

Posted on: 2022/11/22 8:33
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved