Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
242 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 241

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carb parts needed-and a question
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

MikeG
See User information
At some point in its long past my 53 Patrician with a WCFB carb was converted to hand choke and the pedal start was bypassed. I would like to go back to auto choke but the high idle cam and link rod to choke shaft are missing as well as the thermostat and the backing piece behind it. Anyone know where I can find these parts? Also is it worth hooking up the pedal start again? Seems as if most cars I've looked at have a button on the dash instead.
Thanks

Posted on: 2009/6/5 8:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Carb parts needed-and a question
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Mite also want to consider installing Tapered Bushing Carter No. 145-142 for the WCFB. See Service Counselor dated sometime after April of 56.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 8:58
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Starter switch on the carburetor was used by others as well, noteably Buick, and they are normally very reliable, and very easily serviced when need be. I'd suggest that seeing a button installed is probably a sign of a lazy, uninterested or incompentent mechanic/owner looking for the easiest way out. Plus, if you're apprehensive about it, all you need it a short jumper wire which you can store in the glove box.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 11:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Keith -

It's easy to miss something when looking through all the articles of even a given range of Service Counselors. Have you tried the site's Service Index feature to find that specific article?

Since you know it was published in 1956, just go to the 1955-56 Index and then click on the "Fuel & Exhaust" link. If you don't wanna have to read through all the Subject descriptions in that section, use your browser's "Find" function (usually, Ctrl+F) and search for bushing. It will take you to the first match, but there may be more than one match in some cases. Each entry will show you the exact document (and page number, for SCs and SSBs).

But wait, there's more!

Each document entry is hot-linked to a corresponding PDF file of that document (provided someone has donated a scan). However, unless you're working over a high-speed connection (or are very patient) you might wanna RIGHT-click on the link and choose "Save Target As..." to copy the file to a folder of your choice on your local hard drive. Files on your computer will open a lot more quickly than trying to open them over a dial-up connection to the 'Net.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 9:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Brian, you did a great job on that feature. Thanks to you and BigKev again.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 16:04
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Thank you, Carl.

Afer bringing the 51-54 Index online, I've made several refinements to the content, especially in the 55-56 Index, and I hope to get back to the 48-50 content after summer.

Yet, I am concerned that this useful feature maybe be overlooked by some - hence my response to PackardV8's post.

Hmm, I may just use that text in a FAQ post.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 10:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Is there any source for the Carter No. (145-142) bushing????

I made one today from a shouldered tubular steel rivet but it's not ez to do. Looks like it will work just fine but i'd prefer to have the Carter part.

Posted on: 2010/9/5 18:44
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved