Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 73

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Notes left on cars
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
I've been getting a lot of these lately. This one was on my door this morning. Does this happen everywhere or just in my kooky area? I find it strange that most of my vehicles have sat for years or decades but no one wanted them till I bring 'em home.

Attach file:

jpg  (79.71 KB)
1470_4a8aef75cfe75.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/8/18 13:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Notes left on cars
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I've had that happen to me several times, the most memorable is when the '56 Patrician broke down on the side of southbound I-135. I get back, and it's a USED CAR DEALER wanting to buy my car! He left his card with a note on the back asking me to call. I did, told him an outrageous price, when he lost interest I explained the rarity and the virtues of the car. He never called back, LOL!

Posted on: 2009/8/18 13:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Last summer while we were on tour in Canada with our Mayfair, someone left a note saying he had a 'really cool' old Packard neon sign he'd sell if I was interested. I didn't follow up, but should have.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 15:23
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Never any notes for me but a bag of cookies tied to the door handle once.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 15:33
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
ChuckLtd. Do u not find it strange that they left a Bic lighter along with the note????

Posted on: 2009/8/18 15:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
ChuckLtd. Do u not find it strange that they left a Bic lighter along with the note????

Somehow I knew that was gonna be mentioned! It even works! It's just covering the phone number. Thought I'd show a little discretion. Most of these people, like Eric said, are only interested if they think they can get it cheap. If you even sound like you know what you're talking about they usually leave.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 17:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes Guscha. That happened to me several years ago. The only problem is that she sabotaged the glove box lock by breaking off a pencil in it.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 21:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"Most of these people, like Eric said, are only interested if they think they can get it cheap. If you even sound like you know what you're talking about they usually leave."

THis is especialy true of cars that are just real nice original drivers. They think the owner just recently and unwittingly acquired it some way.

On the other hand, i'm often asked "what'll ya take for it?" or "what's it worth?". I've found it best to down play the value as much as possible and site the usual problems (oil pumps, it's a sedan, etc.). Never know when one of those asking just so happens to (unwittingly) have one setting back somewhere and just mite offer it to u for sale.

Usualy the "wanna sell it" crowd are just redneck horse trader wanna-be's. Even if u offered it to them at 1/2 price their wife probably wouldn't let them buy it.

It takes a real man to deal with a Packard owner. And if he can't keep his women in the kitchen and in the nursery then he has no calling to own a Packard.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 21:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
I agree, call me old-fashioned but I rather they ask me face-to-face instead of cowardly notes snuck into my car door window while it's in my back driveway. I used to think the worst (for them) that could happen was I'd say no.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 22:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
I got an email from someone who said he was interested in buying my car. he saw the info on my car at a cruise in. I said it was for sale, but I would sell it for "x" price. He said I didn't realize it was a V-12. I said it's not but if I sell it today, it will be at a market premium.

We both cordially walked away.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 23:10
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved