Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
186 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 186

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard V8 engine mounts.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Who has the best price/quality on engine mounts. Fronts only is all i need. Need two for the 56 Executive.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 16:38
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard V8 engine mounts.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Since Kanter contracts for the manufacture of the repros, I'd be surprised if they resell to other vendors for resale, though I could be wrong on that. They are sold outright, no core required. NOS if you can find them may be suspect due to age-deterioration of the rubber.

I have a set of Kanters in my Caribbean and am totally satisfied, at the time I bought them they were $50 each. The originals had completely delaminated, the engine was held in place just by gravity.

PS - just check Kanter's Packard product listing in any of the hobby publications they publish in, you'll see them listed. They've been available for about 4 years now.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 16:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
All I had ever heard of was re-vulcanizing service - through the usual Packard vendors.

IIRC, you were required to send your old mounts in (with order), but since I haven't gone that far with resto myself, I don't know if they have exchange sets available off-the-shelf or must send yours out, then return them to you when finished.

Since Steele Rubber was the source for so much other rubber, I often wondered if they were managing that service for all the Packard vendors, but maybe not.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 16:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
PackardV8; If you do phone Kanter's about new engine mounts
and talk to Stu Blond tell him I pass my regard along to him. I am sure that will get you super service.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/1/31 20:47
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Charles Neuhaus
See User information
I just received a revulcanized front set from Steele for the 55 Patrician I am (slowly) restoring. They look very good. I have always had good luck with Steele rubber and I imagine they do the motor mounts for Kanter too.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 11:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, Steele does not revulcanize front V8 mounts for Kanters, theirs (front) are new from scratch. No core required. See post #2 in this thread. Current price is $60 each.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 11:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I only need a measurement.
If anyone has a reproduction Packard V8 motor mount (mounts to side of ENGINE) that is NOT installed i need to know the thickness of the rubber between the two metal brackets.

I can not use the measurement if mount is installed with engine weight on it due to any amount that the rubber might be compressed due to engine weight.

Posted on: 2010/2/20 8:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
bump

Posted on: 2010/2/22 12:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I could give you an approximation from my old ones, it would be a minimum dimension, not an OEM dimension. I also see Kanter has a bit of a sale on the new ones, $99 per pair on eBay, about $20 less than catalog price.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 12:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Owen. Thanks for the offer to measure but i really need an NOS, NORS or better yet new reproduction measurement. I have afew used mounts laying around here myself. I'm trrying to figure out how much the engine drops over the years and compression of mounts for throttle valve linkage geometry change and oil pan clearence to cross member among other rather trivial issues.

** (see edit below) I have discovered that the oil pan can be removed without removing the lower bellhousing half. Just disconnect PS conntrol valve from pitman arm (mine is Bendix). I think it's easier and faster to disconnect PS control valve.**

Kanters eBay sale of $99 for the pair of mounts look very attractive. I'll take a look at the auction later on and also to see what else he has listed on eBay.

Thanks.

edit 3-6-10. Not possible with Olds pump. Not sure about pan removal with OEM pump. Have not tried it with OEM pump.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 12:55
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved