Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 218

R H, DavidPackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Replacement oil filter
Just popping in
Just popping in

Kurt Svetic
See User information
I am looking for a oil filter cartridge for a 1929 standard eight. I see brackets available but have had no luck finding a filter. Does anyone make repops or a dummy housing with a replaceable element? My engine had one at one time but was removed for whatever reason. Thanks in advance!!!

Posted on: 2011/1/9 20:54
 Top  Print   

Re: Replacement oil filter
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Kurt:
I see you are in Michigan. You need to contact Bob Anzalone at R&A Engineering in Manchester, MI. He makes an oil filter housing out of billet aluminum for early 1930's Packards. You would have to call him to find out if it would work on your 1929. He restored my 1941 and I know he has restored several 1930 Packards. His number is 734-428-1808 -- tell him Roger said "hello"

On a second topic, you need to join Motor City Packards. Check out our website, www.motorcitypackards.com Click on the "Application" tab, then print out the membership application and join in the fun.

Best, --Roger--

Posted on: 2011/1/9 23:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Another source for the Purolator EF-2 modified for a replaceable spin-on filter inside is Burr Ripley. His filters are in wide use as well. See his ads in most any of the hobby publications.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 23:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
And the major difference between the two is the first is billett aluminum and the second is plastic. Ask me how I know. I bead blasted the 2nd one before I realized what it was constructed of.

Posted on: 2011/1/10 18:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
first is billett aluminum and the second is plastic.

Are you sure of that? On my Burr Ripley kit for the Purolator L-6 (1934), the section that retains and seals the spin-on element is machined aluminum, and only the cosmetic cover over the housing is plastic. Don't know what plastic it is, but it's very thick and sturdy.

In any case, I don't have a horse in this race, I'll just say I've had the Ripley unit in service for more than a decade and perhaps 10,000 miles and I am completely satisfied with it.

Posted on: 2011/1/10 18:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Your right about the plastic cover but when you head blast it, it doesn't matter

Posted on: 2011/1/10 20:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved