Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Heater Control Valve
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
Greetings:

Does anyone know a good source as to where to get a heater control valve for my 1937 120 heater? It looks like the one pictured below. The thread size where it screws into the block is 3/8" and the bib takes a 5/8" ID heater hose. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attach file:

jpg  (27.01 KB)
3468_4d55c10d386ec.jpg 243X307 px

Posted on: 2011/2/11 18:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater Control Valve
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Try O'Rilley's. I found a similar looking one for my '47 Custom Clipper there. There are many valves of varying styles available, if you can get a counter person to get out the catalog. That's what they did for me. Lately, I have had better luck with the O'Rilley's stores than the NAPA stores in Austin.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/2/11 18:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Napa also has a couple of universal valves like the illustration with the correct hose but they don't mention the pipe size. The only one I found for sure with the correct sizes is from McMaster-Carr but it's modern so the form and handle would not be correct.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.57 KB)
209_4d55ce8f60411.jpg 597X252 px

Posted on: 2011/2/11 19:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I found the exact model pictured at a hardware store in Dallas TX about six years ago. Try checking out a good plumbing supply store, they might have one.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 21:30
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
Thanks Guys. I will checkout those leads. I was able to buy what is pictured below in case I can't find the exact one I need . . . and it was only $3.63.

Attach file:

jpg  (118.80 KB)
3468_4d5c4234cdfd4.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2011/2/16 16:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

packick wrote:
Thanks Guys. I will checkout those leads. I was able to buy what is pictured below in case I can't find the exact one I need . . . and it was only $3.63.

packick: what you have pictured is not a valve. It will allow you to connect a heater hose, but coolant will be circulating through the heater all the time. You can get a proper shut-off valve at O'Rilley's and NAPA, and other parts houses. The fittings you have bought can be used on the water pump end of the system and would be appropriate. Although, you may only need the straight nipple.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/2/17 12:09
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
Yes, I realize that what I have pictured doesn't have a shut-off valve. But what I am using now is just a straight, vertical piece of plumbing pipe. So I am used to not being able to shut off the flow. If I can't find the proper valve at Reillys as you folk have suggested, then I will use what I have pictured until I can find the correct valve.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

P.S. I checked at NAPA and they don't carry them.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 23:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Has Napa discontinued them entirely? They still show on their website in the style you have pictured but no info on the pipe size. They also have this one which is a slightly different form.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.21 KB)
209_4d5df45ca2a5d.jpg 750X387 px

Posted on: 2011/2/17 23:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
Hey HH56. Thanks for the lead! I called my local NAPA guy and those valves are still available. While the heater hose neck doesn't go up at the 45-degree angle like my original, I think I route the hoses to make this work. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2011/2/18 19:03
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Alfred
See User information
search ( chevys of the 40's )and type heater shut off valve in search looks to be exact. I just ordered one . Hey what model Packard are you working on . I'm in process of installing heater in my 37 115c do you have a picture of the plumbing ( routing of hoses) and placement of valve
Thanks
AL

Attach file:

jpg  (90.00 KB)
80980_54ddbbb9864c0.jpg 720X540 px

Posted on: 2015/2/13 3:54
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved