Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 212

Alvin14, JohnCB, BigKev, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

cabriotubs
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
did the 48 thru 50 Packard CONVERTIBLES come in just ONE model or two different models????? Were they all the same wheel base???? I really like the 48 - 50 convertibles. But i still think something needs to be done about the headlites.

Posted on: 2008/3/11 22:52
 Top  Print   

Re: cabriotubs
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 22nd series convertibles came in two series, Super 8 and Custom 8, different wheelbases, engines, and much of the running gear. Difference in wheelbase was all forward of the cowl. 23rd series convertibles came in two series, Super DeLuxe and Custom 8, Super DeLuxe sported the egg-crate grille like the Custom.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 8:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Also one of those year/models sported the divider window. Don't know if it was an option or standard. We had a retired colonel down here that had a convertible with the divider window.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 8:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Well, it really wasn't a divider window in that it wasn't housed in the front seat assembly and raised up and down, it properly is called a tonneau windscreen, not too unlike those on dual cowl phaetons of an earlier era. And an EXTREMELY rare option, almost never seen, and available for any of the convertible victorias. I've read somewhere that there was a recent effort to reproduce them.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 12:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The divider window was an option only.

The car pictured in my avatar is a 1948 Super Eight Convertible which had the window divider. Of all the 48 to 50 Packard rag tops I have seen this is the only convertible that I have seen equipped with this option.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/3/12 12:18
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've probably seen a half-dozen of these over the years. They are perhaps equally rare for the prewar "120" convertible coupes.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 14:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved