Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 90

Tobs, Rocket88, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rear Shock Part Number
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

cdorsey
See User information
Would anyone happen to have a good current part number for the rear tube shocks for a 1940 110? The Delco Pleasurizer P2003's that are on it are shot but I haven't been able to cross it to anything yet. Thanks for the help!

Posted on: 2012/3/1 0:12
 Top  Print   

Re: Rear Shock Part Number
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Cdorsey,

This link to Kanter may help:

http://www.kanter.com///productdetail.aspx?Tg=13946408&Mak=Packard&Yr=1940&Dv=1&Dpt=1900&Sb=0&Vdr=Kanter&Itm=04172D&MDv=1&MDpt=0&MSb=0&Cat=90&Prc=310

Item # 04140A

Gas Charged Shocks 1940 - 1950 Packard rear

$59.00

Posted on: 2012/3/4 7:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
All you should need for a good parts store's counterman to find you suitable shocks should be the style of the end attachments, plus the minimum compressed and maximum extended lengths. Make these measurments from your existing shocks.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 10:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Dave, I know you have new Gabriel? shocks on the rear of your Caribbean. What is that number? Did you replace fronts also? The rears have to have a lot of travel - there is a 10 inch difference in height from low to high in the rear of the 400.
Thanks

Posted on: 2012/3/4 12:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Randy: Gabriel 45653 in front, 82066 in the rear. I believe one of these numbers is no longer current but I forget which.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 12:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks Dave, apparently you are satisfied with them or would have spoken up. Shock manufacturers want to look up your shock not based on dimensions but year/make/model and then they don't list Packards. Captain Yossarian lives!

Posted on: 2012/3/4 14:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes Randy, I'm very satisfied with the Gabriels, they are a fine shock absorber. I also have a set of NOS front shocks, NIB. They are marked MAECO which I believe was Packard's OEM supplier, Monroe Automotive Equipment Company.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 19:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved