Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 195

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

327 9 main head gasket replacement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Good afternoon to all,
I've been searching the achives looking for head torque and sequence. I'm gearing up to replace my head gasket and just trying to get my ducks in a row so I can get after it once the gasket arrives. I truely appreciate all info and replies in advance.

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/5/18 12:04
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Re: 327 9 main head gasket replacement
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Page 22 of engine section of 51-4 SM but better picture & more complete torque info is in the 47-50 manual engine section pages 44 and 45

Posted on: 2012/5/18 12:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
When in doubt or without specific instructions, most all Packard in-line 8s want about 63 foot-lbs. Do it in 3 increments and retorque after an hour of running and again after a few hundred miles, again perhaps at the end of the season. As to sequence when you don't have the pattern, start in the center and just spiral.

Posted on: 2012/5/18 12:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey HotRod,

What I did was copy the picture with the torque sequence on a separate sheet of rigid paper. I drew the head and made large circles where the studs are, and put large, dark numbers in the circles to make it easier on myself. That way you can hang it somewhere in view, and not have to pick it up and try to figure out where you are at each time. It makes the long process go a little faster.

-GearRat

Posted on: 2012/5/18 13:42
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved