Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 145

37Blanche, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

finally home!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
Got the car home finally just barely fits in the garage. over all car is in really good shape. trans is stuck in park though. any ideas thanks for the welcome to the site.soon as I have time to clean it up I'll post some pics.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 0:31
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama parts car- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print   

Re: finally home!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Congrats on the new baby.

Sticking in park is a real 55 "thing". For now push the car a little forward or back to get the load off the parking pawl and try again. If no go, then get the car up in the air safely, high enough you can scoot under. The shift linkage is at the driver's side rear corner of the tranny and enters just above the pan. Pry the shift lever there up and forward and she will pop out unless there is more serious trouble inside.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 6:06
 Top  Print   

Re: finally home!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
My Patrician had a real problem with the "Stick in Park Thing". What I found that worked for mine was being careful putting the selector into Park. By that I mean slowly lifting the lever for the detente then dropping it into position as soon as the lever clears. Lifting and pushing the lever up towards the roof as far as it will go was a sure way to "lock the lever" on mine. Since I started using a gentle approach to Park, I've had no more "stuck in park" troubles.

I also got under the car and made sure that the transmission shift linkage wasn't completely horizontal when in Park which can cause "lockup" problems as well.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 13:48
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved