Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
57 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Barn Fresh
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (39.64 KB)
1584_4fdbc005be18e.jpg 791X319 px

jpg  (55.64 KB)
1584_4fdbc0103d4be.jpg 802X401 px

Posted on: 2012/6/15 18:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Barn Fresh
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
That is a very early 902. It predates the silencer and has the aluminum case four speed. The condition of the exhaust manifold is amazing.

From the looks of the license plate it must have been in pretty good condition until the engine stopped. There were several cuckoo birds in Pennsylvania who would let cars like that sit outside and deteriorate into junk. It even shocked people like Turnquist who cried that cars like that should be given away rather than destroyed by these nut jobs. I might have even dealt with the remains of another car owned by the same crackpot. Unbelievable.

In the 50's through the 70's that car would have been cut up to make a twelve, which is no loss given what has happened to it.

Incidentally the 905 top is incorrect which makes the car look downright ugly.

Posted on: 2012/6/15 19:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Tim,

Thanks for the insight. I agree, this car was clearly in better shape at one time, but stored improperly. It's a shame someone didn't have more respect for this car and what it represents.

I'm about 30 min. away from where it's stored, so a closer look may be in order.

I was wondering if the manifold may have been re-done, it looks so good. I've seen some original ones that have a brownish tint to them, instead of being jet black.

I noticed the DL carb even has the cover over the accelerator pump that always seems to be missing. Nice original Stewart Warner fuel pump to.

Regards,

Dave

Posted on: 2012/6/16 16:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm not familiar with details of prewar Packards. I don;t quite understand some of the previous comments. Are the comments to imply that the car as pictured in this forum above is incorrectly restored????

Posted on: 2012/6/16 20:39
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THe car pictured above in this forum is not the same car (restored or otherwise) that appears in the eBay auction. Two diferent cars.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 21:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
THe car pictured above in this forum is not the same car (restored or otherwise) that appears in the eBay auction. Two diferent cars.

Maybe the idea is with your time and money the car in the auction will look like the car in the picture.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 21:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Maybe the idea is with your time and money the car in the auction will look like the car in the picture.

That's what I understood from the original post.

Posted on: 2012/6/17 0:28
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I think Mr. 901 is interested in looking at the unrestored car. It is a very desirable model but was owned by one of a group of nut jobs in Pennsylvania who let nice original cars sit outside and turn into junk refusing to sell anything.

That shocked a lot of people including Turnquist. The pictures don't do the car justice. Up close I think it will be realized the car is only good for parts.

Of course the price is outrageous.

Seeing another one of these cases is disturbing and brings back bad memories of when I lived in Pennsylvania.

Posted on: 2012/6/17 7:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Gents - sorry for the potentially confusing pictures.

Mr. joeyearl is correct, the intent was to show the potential result of lots of time and money on the "barn fresh" or "outdoor stale" car.

Imho it would be a shame to see this car parted out. I believe the seller is John Pascucci:

http://www.johnnypsclassiccars.com/index.html

Posted on: 2012/6/17 7:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved