Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Found old pics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
After my mom passed, two years ago, I've come upon some old pictures from my youth and wanted to share them with my Packard family. I know there are more, this is just the first one.
It's from about 1959 with my brother in a laundry basket beside our 56 Executive. The photo is B/W and the car was Norwegian Forest and Shannon Green. The only difference between this car and my current 56 is that mine has Tahitian Jade. Should I change it to re-make my childhood memories come to life? Would you?

Attach file:

jpg  (64.11 KB)
2993_516c3ba0c122a.jpg 1040X1052 px

Posted on: 2013/4/15 12:41
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Found old pics
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Should I change it to re-make my childhood memories come to life? Would you?

I think changing it all depends on the condition of your existing paint vs the memories.

If the paint could stand a refresh in the area with the "wrong" color and was something you were contemplating anyway then memories would probably win. If the car is the original colors and in as good a condition as it appears in some past photos you've posted, then I would probably keep it as is.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 13:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Just out of curisoity what is the car parked on the other side of the Packard????? Not GM. Merc or lincoln??? THe black top is just barely visible over the hood of the Pack.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 13:40
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
...If the paint could stand a refresh in the area with the "wrong" color and was something you were contemplating anyway then memories would probably win. If the car is the original colors and in as good a condition as it appears in some past photos you've posted, then I would probably keep it as is.

You're correct about the existing paint in those areas, it's the Shannon Green that is in need of a re-paint. I think that when I get closer to a re-paint, I'll have to make the decision. I just am so elated about finding some proof of our old Packard.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 13:42
Bob

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
Just out of curisoity what is the car parked on the other side of the Packard????? Not GM. Merc or lincoln??? THe black top is just barely visible over the hood of the Pack.

The pic was taken in Santa Clara, CA and our driveway was right next to our next-door-neighbor's. I know he had a '56 Chevy that he had well into the '70s.

edit - now that I think about it his wife always drove Mercs. She was a customer at my Dad's gas station.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 13:52
Bob

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
It is so easy to paint the stripe and the top, I think I would go ahead and do it sooner rather than later.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 14:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I think it is a very good looking car with that color combo. I would keep it original. It is your car and you have the final say.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 14:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
So if you change the paint, will you have to find a basket for your brother?

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

Let the ride decide wrote:
So if you change the paint, will you have to find a basket for your brother?

WOW, I love it! He's 55 now and a retired O-6 from the Marine Corp, I don't think he'll submit like he used to. I'd like to find a laundry basket and try it for old times sake.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 19:37
Bob

Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved