Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
49 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 47

George40, Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

54 Clipper tailight lenses
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I am looking to buy 54/55 Clipper taillight lenses. I know that reproduction lenses are available. Who has the best price?

Posted on: 2013/6/25 13:42
 Top  Print   

Re: 54 Clipper tailight lenses
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Willis, Tucson Packard sells replica lens. I understand it is best to buy a pair as they do look different than the originals when viewed next to each other, but I understand the replicas are quite acceptable as a pair. My 55 Clipper still has the original lens and I was able to score one used original in good condition at Salado this year. It matches well to the ones on the Clipper. The hard ones to find are the back-up light lens for the '55s.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/6/26 17:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I didn't see a listing for Tucson's lens but Max says 175 and Kanter says 189. Don't know if the 55 prices showing in Kanter's website Packard parts pages are current --his 47's are not-- but if they are then Max would seem to have the better deal.

Posted on: 2013/6/26 17:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I talked with Tucson a while back about his lenses. He my be the supplier for MM and K. Still worth a call to him.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/6/26 18:12
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Finally called Tuscon Packard and purchased two reproduction lenses @ $165.00 each and $10.00 shipping and insurance. Not a bad deal, they shipped today. You cannot order from the Tuscon Packard web site so you must call. They also have an Ebay site, but the reproduction taillights are not listed. As brittle as the old lenses get, I would be concerned about buying original ones unless I had my hands on the. Mine were in one piece when I got the Clipper, but when I removed them to change bulbs they cracked easily.

Posted on: 2013/6/26 18:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I'm glad you were able to find the lenses.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/6/26 21:20
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved