Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
31 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 31

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Modern brakes, part two.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THe 1/16" larger than stock front wheel cyl's should not make any noticable difference, regardless of any otherchanges to the brake system. HOWEVER, the larger the front wheel cyl gets the more brake pedal travel and the slower the fronts will act to stop the car. This especialy true if the rears were smaller than stock and the fronts larger than stock. Takes more fluid to move the larger whl cylinder.

Since the MC pictureed in the diagram above has front port to front brakes and rear port to rear brakes (by mfg'er design) then most likely the pistons INSIDE of the MC are NOT spring loaded. It simply acts as 2wo seperate MC's in one housing. Therefore u mite try just plumbing BOTH lines from the MC into just one line to feed all 4 wheels. OF course that circumvents the safety factor of having a front/rear split master cylinder. Mite just try it to see what happens. IF the pistons in the MC ARE in fact spring loaded then i would not try plumbing both into one line.

Regardless of what u do, u'll need RPV because it has wheel cylinders.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 22:23
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The master with that port configuration they show with the valve is not mine. I have the remote fill and my front wheels go to the rear port. Rears cylinders are stock.

Rethinking & will do some more testing after other things are finished. Even if the valve doesn't cure, don't think it will hurt so still a maybe.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 22:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How is this project comming along???

Posted on: 2013/8/22 21:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Driveable but not where I want it yet. Like most of my projects, pushed aside because the interest became focused on something else. I'll get back to it when I'm tired of working on the 47.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 22:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
An extra 1/16 in the wheel cylinder will give a little under 15% less pedal effort for a given application. I don't say more stopping power because the stopping distance does not change, but the effort is decreased.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 22:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved