Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55 Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Is the paint scheme correct and the dash? I'm pretty sure the interior isn't right or door panels.

Attach file:

jpg  (79.80 KB)
1497_530523493f1c2.jpg 960X636 px

jpg  (56.12 KB)
1497_5305235c8d708.jpg 960X636 px

Posted on: 2014/2/19 16:34
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
What's to question about the paint scheme? The 55 dealer showroom album in this site's archive shows a light and blue two-tone scheme (Zircon and Ultramarine) available for all Clippers with colors reversible, and two-tone blue interiors trims were available within that paint scheme.

I can't say, however, whether the shades of paint and trim are correct. I would expect the dashboard paint to be closer in color to the lower door trim on the front doors. Moreover, I believe the steering wheel and column, the dashboard, and the painted metal trim on the doors and around the windows would have been to be painted dark blue. The seat cover materials sure don't look authentic, but this might be a case of covers that were slipped over exisiting, original upholstery.

Posted on: 2014/2/19 17:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I think this is a good-looking car, no matter whether the paint and interior are 100% correct or not. I really like the blue on blue scheme. I hope you got a good deal on this car and I hope that it is a good driver. Those count for a hell of a lot!

Posted on: 2014/2/19 19:12
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
It's not my car, I'm just always scouring the internet for photos to see what's out there and learn.

I like the look of the paint and inside as well.

Posted on: 2014/2/19 19:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved