Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 199

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Price advice
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
PatGreen, I have never tried that with ebay, didn't know you could do that. Good idea, I will try it. Thanks. When I get close to a deal and decide to buy, I will go see the car in person. Learned my lesson the hard way after twice getting the shaft. Thanks for the ebay info Pat. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 10:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
When I made the comment that I thought the car was a steal at $12,000, I was referring to the one whose pictures were posted. I thought that was the car Richie was looking at. I've had a tough week ... I must be still out to lunch.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 14:42
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Tinpan, I appreciate all your info., I emailed the person with the club sedan on C/L that you posted. I haven't heard back yet. I asked him a few questions but didn't mention any price negotiations. The car looks really nice. It's a little bit higher than I wanted to spend, maybe he will come down. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 21:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
MrBumble, I'm out to lunch most of the time, not to worry. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 21:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Lol, I thought you were mixing those two up. It would be a steal at $12K, I think it's priced right where it is, but, if I were going after it I'd try everything to bring the cost down. I'd turn my pockets out and have lint falling everywhere. I don't think $12 k would get it but I'll bet $13 K or near might be possible if he wants to sell it fast.

Regardless, it's hard looking at small pictures what the restoration really looks like but if it's anywhere close to what it appears to be, that would be a killer car.

I still have to put about $2k into my car to redo the wiring and get the Electro Matic clutch working. When done I'll have about $12k into a good driver car. In evaluating my car, the interior doesn't hold a candle to the houndstooth in the 49. My paint, while it looks good driving down the road, looks like it was slopped on with a broom. The hundreds of tiny bubbles tell you it wasn't prepped properly. The 49 has good paint, good chrome and the engine compartment looks pretty clean.

Good luck on that car Ritchie, I hope you can make it work out for you.

Posted on: 2014/3/23 8:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Richie,

I finally got my computer working and it's been awhile since I've been able to see my Inbox. Anyway, I replied to your PM. Give me a call about the '50 Standard Eight 4-door Sedan, she's still available, and is very nice

Attach file:

jpg  (140.05 KB)
2993_532f96202216b.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2014/3/23 21:19
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved