Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 122

56Clippers, r1lark, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: dome light repairs
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I think the switch is removed ,and the wires connected together -will see. I would like to get an original type switch too. What color paint is the inside of your glove box door ? Thanks

Posted on: 2014/4/7 18:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If like the 47, should be just a single wire for the switch. The switches only complete a circuit to ground via the switch connecting internally to the switch bodies screwed into the metal center pillar so doubt any wires are tied together.

The glovebox door color is a question. Mine was so faded as to be just a guess. All I could say for sure is some shade of brown and mine was flocked, not painted. Right or wrong, when I made my glovebox I flocked it using the nylon Feather Brown flock material from FlockIthttp://www.flockit.com/index.php/colorchart/?___store=default and did the door the same color. It may be a tad dark but goes well with the woodgraining so I like it.

Attach file:

jpg  (35.45 KB)
209_534337c95c511.jpg 1280X690 px

Posted on: 2014/4/7 18:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I am surprised about the switch. Maybe, like you said, the wire may be hanging and shorting. I cant tell either about the inside glove box door. Maybe they used crinkle paint. I guess I will have mine bead blasted , inside and out. The inside is painted blue like my car exterior ,and outside has cream paint like most of the interior trim, over the original woodgrain.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 19:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
I have an original glovebox door from a 21st Series Super 8 which has no paint on the inside. It just has a brown colored flocking (mostly gone) which was applied over bare metal.

Attach file:

jpg  (71.14 KB)
1137_53438dc92d5aa.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (74.51 KB)
1137_53438de769776.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (118.24 KB)
1137_53438dfaf0762.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/4/8 0:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Thanks BDeB - That's good info - Mine probably still has the same thing under the paint

Posted on: 2014/4/8 1:35
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved