Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 107

53 Cavalier, Michaelg-twelve, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: scuff plates '49 - 2 dr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
BH - small world - I B born in Y-town.

Posted on: 2013/11/4 10:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Still researching. Waiting on dwgs. Issues: 1. terminology - I even found this confusing one;STAINLESS DOOR SCUFF SILL PANEL STEP PLATES - for VW. I'll try to be more accurate. My bad habit in extemporaneous comm. I mix terms. Like axle vs shaft -two separate things but commonly used for the same thing. bonnet vs hood, step vs scuff, etc. I didn't expect a non-flat U shaped item to be listed as a "plate". 2. There's a definite gap in the '54 parts list for 22 & 23 that excludes the "ends in 5" (2 dr) series for some common items. My first impression was they simply didn't apply until some obvious components are left off. (Anyone with more knowledge on this please comment) I don't have an explanation for this but it makes it more challenging to straighten out the path. I'm still searching for that '48-50 list.

Posted on: 2013/11/16 9:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Here are the 2 pages from the 22nd Series parts list that cover the floor related items, including the scuff plates for the 2 door models.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 260.99 KB; Hits: 45
pdf Size: 28.94 KB; Hits: 45
pdf Size: 22.98 KB; Hits: 50

Posted on: 2013/11/16 18:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Thanks a bunch. I'm pretty sure I've got the rubber mats and scuff plate #'s straight, now, but will cross check against this. Can't be too sure. I thought I was right before... If the drawings would ever show up from Stude, might be able to get some made. Parts and responses seem to have slowed everywhere.(holidays?)
I'm trying to fast track, finish by mid next year, so every week it slides upfront, can't be made up.

Posted on: 2013/11/20 17:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Just when I thought I had this one roped coming to me, after a quick look at the DWG which came Fri. But on closer inspection, its got the wrong P/N on it???
I says shows P-399226. Any light on this one?
There's no such P/N on the 22 series list BdeB provided or the '54 list??? and not P-396522&3 which we think are correct for 23 series.
So it's time out again.
The Stude archivist supposedly researched it according to the invoice... I think there's enough info to make a pattern from this, if I can't locate the exact DWG. The length is 45 9/16", ends angle, which is about spot on my measurements, and I doubt the 4 dr would be this long?

Posted on: 2013/11/23 19:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Drawings are being reproduced and digitized. Clearing up some loose documentation ends, next, out for bids.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 9:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
This should plug the P/N holes. Defferent P/N for the 23 rubber mats. This is the drawing I obtained.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 457.85 KB; Hits: 57

Posted on: 2013/12/5 17:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
I may have missed this previously, but the Numerical Index and Supersession Record in the 1955-56 parts list shows the following:

396522 superseded by 399226
396523 superseded by 399227

This would explain why the available drawings show the 399226 and 399227 part numbers.

It doesn't explain why the 396522 number still shows up in the 23rd Series Parts List for the right side unless there were some of the earlier ones still available.

Also doesn't explain why the sill plates for the 2 door models are missing from the 1948-54 List - An error? or possibly not enough demand seen to stock these for replacement after 1954.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 19:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I'll leave that to the historians. How well I know paper systems are tough to keep straight and computers only increase the speed and complexity of mistakes.
It looks like a one series (23rd) design, unless someone has proof otherwise. The DWG is marked 1946, so it's not an afterthought. There's a skip in the numbers in that sequence in the '54 list.
Good news:I got the drawings and the digitization came out nice and more clear than the copy of the orig they took it from.
Would help to know the need for these parts, if the 22 series is different? Anyone with a 22 series (ends in 5) 2dr model like to shoot a picture of their original door mats and post? No sense making more than needed. I'll try to set it up so they can be repro-ed in the future more easily.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 10:20
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Tanner, Merle
See User information
I am definitely interested in a set of 4 for my model 2016 as long as the pricing is fair. Please keep me posted when you determine pricing.

Posted on: 2014/4/25 9:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved