Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Question for Kev
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard, the '47 Diagram has been added to the Wire Diagram list.

At some point (unless some wants to do it for me), I will go through the SC's and the service manuals and extract copies of the wire diagrams out of those and put them into the Wire Diagram folder. This should make for easy quick access in the future.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 15:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Was going to do the extractions or more likely, rescan plus an addition or 2 with a better quality and also include the ancillary info wire color etc.

Another question, on the diagrams though. The one you posted is one I had scanned high but reduced in size and converted to pdf. Obviously detail is lost. Was thinking if the dpi scanned were bigger, it would print better, but the original is huge & not practical.

I know we've settled on 300 but trying to print some of those SC diagrams gives a pretty poor quality page. What would you recommend for printing yet still a reasonable file size--or maybe we could do a high pdf for print and low res jpg to view..Suggestions.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 15:23
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard,

If the diagram or article is only a couple of pages, then scanning at a higher resolution is not a problem. It's when something is alot of pages, then the file size really gets balloons when scanned at a higher resolution.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 20:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Sent some 37 stuff @ 600. Would appreciate a print and see what you think.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 21:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
Kevin:

Thanks for breaking out the Parts Lists and Wiring Diagrams to their own categories. I think that this will be an even greater benefit as the Articles data base grows.

Is this a great website, or what?

Posted on: 2008/11/8 21:57
Dan Marrin
Summers; Breezy Point, MN, Winters; The Villages, FL
'48 Sup8 conv, '48 Sup8Del LWB sed, '58 Hawk.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved