Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 230

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Proper Hydraulic jack and jack stand placement for 1101 2-4 Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Well I'm back with some more very basic questions and need your help. I need some more room to crawl around under my 1101 standard 8 2-4 coupe and realized I don't know the safest and best locations for jacking up the car, or placement of the jack stands....front & back
I know enough NOT to jack it up via the engine pan, the transmission or fuel tank, but am certain there are do's and don'ts for the remaining choices.
Thank you.
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/4 19:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Proper Hydraulic jack and jack stand placement for 1101 2-4 Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Probably same as 7th series. Front: Floor jack in the middle of the front axle. Jack stands next to the inside of the frame on the front axle. Rear: Floor jack under the differential. Jack stands under rear axle housing near the inside of the frame. Don't forget to block the wheels.

Posted on: 2017/6/4 19:48
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Except for a couple of inches of wheelbase, putting my 1100 in the air is the same as your 1101. Whether you support by the frame (suspension hanging free) or by the axles depends on what job you have in mind. If you simply want to elevate the car, jackstands under the axles just inboard of the spring perches is best. If your hydraulic jack can lift the entire end at once, then as Sherlock suggests. My jack isn't capable of that so I lift each corner independently with the jack under the spring perch and place the jackstand under the axle immediately adjacent to it.

If for example you wanted to service the spring shackles, then I'd support the car by the frame.

Posted on: 2017/6/4 20:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Thanks Sherlock, really appreciate the reply.
Best,
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/4 20:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Thanks O.D., sincerely appreciate your replies, as always.
I was a little hesitant to use the axle even though it seemed the logical choice.
Thanks again and
All the Best,
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/4 20:40
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved