Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Adding vent hole to vacuum fuel tank
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I had a problem with several vacuum tanks the car would run fine for a while and then it would shut off and it would be out of gas in the vacuum tank . The problem turned out to be the brass seats were coming out of the housing in the top cover of the tank . These are the 2 brass seat that the needle valves go in and out of as the float in the tank moves up and down. I even sent the tank to a person that rebuilds them and he said the tank was fine. Well he was wrong

Posted on: 6/24 11:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
I had the same problem with those brass seats coming loose. I replaced the top with a reproduction new one.

Posted on: 6/24 17:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
David,
could this problem also occur with my 1924 Vacuum Tank?? However, in this discussion I still don't understand exactly which brass seats we are talking about here.
I completely rebuilt my vacuum tank and installed the repair kit. Only
I couldn't remove the parts in the top cover (vacuum valve), but I tested it for functionality using negative pressure.

Karl

Posted on: Today 17:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved