Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
34 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 31

packardbill, Packard Don, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Rear Bumper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Mike Chirco just got in some good straight ones for the 1955-56 cars but not sure what he has for the earlier ones. It’s difficult to find them undamaged.

Posted on: 7/12 1:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
All done! It has some scruffy spots, but for 71 years old it's not too bad!

I found a door seal on Amazon to use for the dust seal between the filler panel and bumper.

Click to see original Image in a new window

BEFORE

Posted on: Yesterday 21:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It looks great! I wish my 1954 Patrician looked even a quarter that nice.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
It looks great! I wish my 1954 Patrician looked even a quarter that nice.

What are the issues with your bumper? Did 54's still have bad chrome, or was that out of the system?

I don't know how many hours this project took, but quite a few. Every project seems to take quite a bit of time.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Actually the chrome isn't bad. It's the rest of it! I call it my Packard of Many Colors.

Posted on: Yesterday 22:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
I see, so your car is in need of a paint job?? Is your car's name Joseph? I don't know that I've seen your car, post a picture for us.

Posted on: Today 9:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There are many photos on my blog linked below but here is another. It’s partially apart at the moment on its way to get a body swap but it is not so far apart as to not be driveable. I keep it parked under the lift on which the 1951 Henney-Packard is parked so whenever I’m at my shop working on the 1951, I have to move it outside where it occasionally gets snowed on. It actually looked the same decades ago when it was an everyday car except that it had its wheelcovers, hood ornament and parking light lenses installed then! I’m not sure why no lenses now or where they went but I have a new pair anyway.

Posted on: Today 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Bumper project turned out nice. Definitely worth the effort. Do you have a link to the seal you got from Amazon? Mine has no seals and it definitely rattles. I don't really want to spend $80 on something from Steele.

Posted on: Today 14:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

kevinpackard wrote:
Bumper project turned out nice. Definitely worth the effort. Do you have a link to the seal you got from Amazon? Mine has no seals and it definitely rattles. I don't really want to spend $80 on something from Steele.

Car Door Rubber Seal Strip Trim Seal with Side Bulb for Cars, Boats, RVs, Trucks, and Home Applications, Car Weather Striping (3m)https://a.co/d/1DE2hPt

I don't think a person could install it with out removing the bumper. If there is a rattle I would think it is something else as even without the seal the filler panel shouldn't touch the bumper.

The rear bumper turned out so well that now I want to do the front bumper! Baby steps! 😄

Posted on: Today 14:10
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved